2 sons at risk
3 grandchildren
2 years
twins 10 months

i live every day with HOPE
Re: Mini-profile thread
May 14, 2007 05:59PM
All,

My name is Melissa. I am at risk 28 year old. My older sister is showing lots of signs, but refuses to be tested. My little brother is also at risk. I have 3 at risk children. My mother has had HD for almost 29 years. She's been in a home for almost 15 of those. 3 of her sibling also have HD. 2 of those have already died, but from Cancer, not from HD. One of them, my aunt Ne, died about 2 hours ago. At least that's one less HD can claim. Of her children 5 of 8 have HD. It just keeps going and going like a black cosmic cycle.
Anonymous User
May 14, 2007 07:39PM
I'm so sorry to hear that, Melissa!

HD does take a terrible toll!
May 14, 2007 08:56PM
Melissa, a very warm welcome to you, i'm so sorry for the huge impact hd has had on your family, and especially sorry about your aunt passing away today. Condolences and warm wishes your way
May 15, 2007 06:16AM
Welcome Melissa, you have come to a great place smiling smiley I am sorry for your loss.
-Trish
May 15, 2007 08:08PM
Hello everybody. Thanks for the great welcome. I had been here a time or two before, but never formally introduced to everybody. Sorry to dump on everybody yesterday....I appreciate the sympathy from everyone.

Melissa
May 15, 2007 08:47PM
thumbs up Thats what we are here for Melissa. If we don't have any advice to give we are here to be a shoulder! You have come to a great place for both. People here are the best!
Take care,
Trish
May 16, 2007 06:48AM
I LIVE IN NORTHAMPTON ENGLAND. I AM 48. I FOUND OUT I HAD H.D IN JULY 2003.
I HAVE 4 CHILDREN 2 AT RISK.
NO HD.IN THE FAMILY .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2007 10:51AM by mick.
May 16, 2007 06:52AM
Welcome Mick!
-Trish
May 22, 2007 08:49PM
Hi, i'm finally posting my profile. My name is Sandy my husband Ted is PHD, CAG 48. We have 2 beautiful daughters(13 and 16) at risk. There are a couple other family members who are symptomatic. We too pray everyday that today will be the day they find the cure!!
May 23, 2007 06:09PM
Hello Mick.
Welcome to hdac. It really is a great place to come. See you soon.
Take care.
Love to Liz & family.
Myrna
June 07, 2007 05:34PM
Hi Annie (gateshead,UK) aged 42, symptomatic 5 years, cag 36,early -mid stages. Three children, one grand daughter. Eldest brother repeat of 34. Still working tho only part time as occupational therapist. HDAC is my life line
June 07, 2007 07:22PM
Hi Annie! So good to see you again. How is that little grand baby of yours?
June 09, 2007 12:00PM
And a beautiful morning to you, Barb. Would you please change my bob netx on your alpha listing as follows:
"I am 70; have a CAG repeat of 40; and have some symptoms. Have two beautiful, wonderful daughters (CAG 40-age 43, and CAG 43-age 45. I have been on a heavy, continuous regimen of vitamins and choline since 1983; have often supplemented those with HD-helpful 'things'. We track HD back paternally: my father, his mother, her ?/?. 50/50 certainly doesn't hold in our line (six in a row plus my two)
June 09, 2007 01:24PM
Good morning to you to Bob! How are you? We are picking our grandaughter up in a few mins, going to have her for the weekend, to give her mom a break...smile...yes, i updated your profile, see you later
July 03, 2007 07:29AM
Hi my name is Heather I live in Pensacola Fl and my husband is 33 and is HD pos. He was symptomatic so we decided to get him tested and we found out when I was 7 mos pregnant with his 3rd child. (he has two from previous marriage). He was in the Marine Corps and had symptoms but no one took him serious. Once he got out he decided it was time. His mother has the disease along with her sister, her mother and so on. Although she does have one sister who does not have the disease. We have a wonderful psychiatrist who is helping us with that part and I feel like I have my husband back. God Bless him. But I pray every day that they find a treatment and cure because I dont want to watch our children have to go through what I watch my husband go through. Thank you for creating a site with so much information. It really helps!
July 03, 2007 08:23AM
Welcome Heather...you are in the right place. There is a whole community here of HD+, caregiver's, at risks and children of HD parents.
July 03, 2007 02:31PM
Hi Heather, so nice to meet you, welcome!
July 04, 2007 03:51PM
HI I'm Ron (CAdreamer)...

I'm turning 40 this week in Southern California. My Mother died July 2006 in an assisted living facility in Northern California. She was 59. Her doctors would not give us accesss to her records , because she had a public guardian. After her death I had her brain tissue sent to Harvard Brain Bank for an autopsy. A DNA test confirmed a CAG repeat of 43. This explains her Mother's dementia and death at 65. I tracked my Mother's brother down through the police department and found him in a an assisted living facility in San Jose, CA. He is 56. I can only assume he has HD, as I have been refused access to his doctor or health records.

As for me, I'm a City Engineer and the co-owner of two furniture stores in California. I have had an ongoing problem with fatigue, anxiety and depression, but haven't been tested for HD. My sister is 35 and has two at-risk children in Georgia. Everybody is just kind of waiting to see what's next..

Nice to meet you smiling smiley
July 04, 2007 09:18PM
Hey Ron, thanks for the profile. Sure helps everyone get to know each other. I trimmed your profile down just a tiny bit for the permanent section...hope that's ok...smile. Hey, happy birthday to you!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login