Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Mini-profiles & blogs cool smiley

Posted by Barb 
Re: Mini-profile thread
April 24, 2007 06:36PM
It's very nice to meet you Eudell. Sounds like you have been through a lot, and sorry it's hd that brings you here, welcome
April 24, 2007 09:30PM
Hey, that is really cool your daughter wants to help you out. You must have done something right! Good to meet ya Eudell!
April 25, 2007 07:56AM
Thank you Eric and Barb. It takes me a while to respond because when my hubby has things to do I have to be watched like a kid by my Mother, but thank God I have her to watch me. Yes, my daughter is really cool! She was just down for a visit this past weekend.
April 29, 2007 08:30PM
Hello, my name is Katie. I am married with two children and I live in Montana, USA. I am 26 years old.

My connection to HD is:
Two years ago my mother was diagnosed with HD. Two months following her diagnosis, my sister and I went through the testing process together.
HD has completely changed my outlook on life for the positive and the negative.

What I am struggeling with now:
My mother lives six hours away from me, and it's my hearts desire to have her near me. She is very stubborn and I am predicting that I will have to go the legal route to get her over here.

What I expect to get from this website:
I expect to make friends, learn from them. I hope to gain insite on the disease. Most importantly, I hope to grow as a person.

Thanks,
Katie

Thanks to everyone that I have chatted with in the last two weeks.
April 29, 2007 08:34PM
Welcome Katie. I am new to this, but thought I'd welcome you. I am sorry to hear about your Mother. I will pray for her.
Eudell
April 29, 2007 08:36PM
Eudell,
Thanks for the welcome! I was just looking at pictures and I all ready had a reply. Thanks.
April 29, 2007 08:40PM
Welcome Katie, you have come to a good place. You will find phenominal support.
-trish
April 29, 2007 08:51PM
Thanks Trish!
April 30, 2007 03:44AM
Welcome katie...been nice to meet you in the chats and look forward to catching up again soon!...and your photo of you and your mum is just beautiful!
Michelle
April 30, 2007 08:30AM
Welcome Katie

I hope you can get your mom closer to you without alot of trouble.

How far along is she?

Stacy-NJ
April 30, 2007 07:40PM
Welcome, Katie

do you want to share the results of your testing?
April 30, 2007 09:04PM
Stacy, my mom is in the middle to late stages of HD. She is having a difficult time holding her head up. she chokes frequently and makes it short distances with a walker. Thanks for the welcome.smiling smiley
April 30, 2007 09:05PM
hello,
i forgot that i revised my intial profile. I tested negative! I did not mean to withhold that information.
April 30, 2007 09:07PM
Thanks Michelle!
I hope that we talk soon!
April 30, 2007 09:39PM
thumbs up smiley Congratulations on the negative results Katie!
-Trish
April 30, 2007 10:50PM
Katie, would you like me to add your test results to your mini-profile on this thread? And congratulations for sure!
May 01, 2007 12:35AM
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2007 05:18PM by ckrt.
May 01, 2007 01:29AM
Hi ckrt! I am sorry to hear about your HD status. I am a care giver and an old fart... not exactly what you were looking for but yes there are several people at risk your age who are around here. I assume you aren't showing symptoms yet but have tested positive for the gene. On Tuesday afternoon a chat starts at 4pm and runs a good long time... why don't you hop in and say hi. There is also one on wednesday nights for those at risk...all are welcome tho. On thurdays at 3pm there is also a chat with no theme... all are welcome. I think you will find that you can find all kinds of support here even if those people are not it your exact shoes. We all "get it" so feel free to talk to everyone. Who did you inherit the gene from and how are they doing? Are you handling the your test ok? And what are you studying? Glad to see you here. It's a really good place to be... we are all friends here.
May 01, 2007 01:41AM
ckrt, it's so nice to meet you, and i'm so sorry about your diagnosis. The news must still be quite shocking to you. Finding people here to talk with has helped me so much, talking with those that understand really does help. Welcome hon
May 01, 2007 07:58AM
Katie, Congratulations. what was your sister's results?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login