Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Mini-profiles & blogs cool smiley

Posted by Barb 
Re: Mini-profile thread
May 01, 2007 07:59AM
ckrt,

Welcome. There are other young HD positive people who post here.
May 01, 2007 11:27AM
ckrt, welcome! You have found a great place. People here are amazing!
-Trish
May 01, 2007 03:53PM
Hi ckrt...my names michelle, im 28 and at risk of hd...i would be happy to chat if you wanted to...just let me know...and like eric said there are regular chats on which is a great way to meet people and connect around hd.

so welcome to the sight!
Michelle
May 01, 2007 05:26PM
Barb, Hello. I need you to make a change please to my profile. I accidently put in my sisters diagnosis...that was not my attention. I have 2 profile postings and i would LOVE it if you would take the one out. Not the thread that i started but the other one. Can you do that? Thanks!!!
Katie
May 01, 2007 05:28PM
Yes, i will take out the diagnosis and put it back how it was. Should i leave your diagnosis in?
May 01, 2007 05:28PM
...i had originally created the first one, i didn't think that i sent it though. This is an outlet for me and not for my sister, as per her wishes and my descretion i would like to leave her out of this...smiling smiley thanks!!!
May 01, 2007 05:30PM
Katie, would you like to re-write it how you want it, and ill paste it in? Or do you want your profile taken right out? Im not sure how you mean...smile

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2007 05:31PM by Barb.
May 01, 2007 05:36PM
there, i just took out the sentence with the diagnosis. If you want to, you can also edit any posts you have done that say your sisters diagnosis.
May 01, 2007 07:37PM
Hey thanks Barb, sorry that I am beibng so difficult. I think I know where that came from. I wrote that to steve along with a breif note letting him know that i was having trouble logging in. I think that it was posted.
The one that i posted here that is much shorter, is great for me. Thanks again, I really appreciate it!!!
May 01, 2007 07:40PM
Hey Paula, i was actually just talking with Barb and as i posted, I love having this place for a releif...but it's my thing and my sister really doesn't want to be a part of it yet...so i thought that i would try to leave her out. smiling smiley thanks for the interest though!
May 03, 2007 05:02PM
Hi everyone. My name is Myrna & I live in England. I am mum to Rikki who tested positive 13 years ago when she was 13. She will be 27 in July. I have 3 other daughters & 6 grandchildren Who are not at risk.I am thrilled to have found this place as we have been pretty much alone with jhd.
May 03, 2007 05:51PM
You've come to a great place Myran, and so sorry your jhd journey has been pretty much alone! Wow, welcome....smile
May 04, 2007 04:57AM
Hi Myrna and welcome...you have certainly come to the right place...there are some wonderful people here!
Lovely to meet you!
Michelle
May 07, 2007 09:36PM
Remig: Ron (Massachusetts) Last February, 2007, the day after my wife's first grandchild was born, she learned that her ex-husband, the father of her three children, had just tested positive for HD with a 41 CAG count. Since I have a PhD in Biology it fell to me to research the subject and find something hopeful to assuage the panic sweeping their families. Her son of 25 may already be showing symptoms and is now waiting for the test results.
May 07, 2007 10:22PM
Wow, i'm sorry about the circumstances that have brought you here Ron, but very glad to have you here. I hope her sons test is negative.
May 08, 2007 08:16AM
Welcome Ron.

Stacy-NJ
May 08, 2007 01:58PM
Hi everyone. My name is Tom and live in Chicago. My dad has HD and was mis-diagnosed for a while. He did not show symptoms till his 60's. He's 72 now and he finaly had a conclusive test a few months back and I was tested a month ago. My results were postive with a CAG of 41. I'm 35 and so far I've had no symptoms. I'm trying not to symptom hunt but that is difficult. My doctor warned me not to.

My family (wife and 2 at risk children 6 and 4) and I are trying to be optimistic about HD. I truly believe your environment has a large role to play in your onset, symptoms, and HD progression. I plan on fighting this with being physically and mentaly fit - reduce stress, enjoy family and life, laugh a lot and don't worry about the what ifs. I also plan on using everything that medicine has to offer today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2007 02:00PM by ChiTom.
May 08, 2007 02:31PM
Nice to meet you Tom, and welcome
G
May 08, 2007 07:14PM
deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2008 06:36AM by G.
May 08, 2007 07:45PM
Hi G, i'm sorry for the reason you are here, but glad you are here, welcome. You've come to a real good place.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login