Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

raw food diet?

Posted by salamandah 
raw food diet?
May 31, 2012 10:27PM
Hi all! You may or may not know that my mother had cancer. It is called multiple myeloma and is a blood cancer. She is thinking of starting a mostly raw food diet. I was wondering if there is any research on raw food in people with HD. I have decided that I have to believe that J does not have the gene and that I have to treat him like he does. I have decided that the best way I can help him in his life is to make sure he eats super foods, exercises and learns to love learning. Does anyone have any stories about diet changes helping to keep the brain intact? Or does anyone know of any research that is being done on this topic? I know there are supplements that can help delay onset but I am pretty sure I could not get a 3 year old to take supplements. I am also not sure that would be good for him. Something to ask his pediatrician, I guess. But I could get him to eat right.

I just want to clarify that I am not going to make my 3 year old son eat only raw foods. I want him to eat as healthy as possible. I want to avoid him becoming addicted to sugar and processed foods. We live in TN. We aren't exactly in the top as a state when it comes to healthy eating, exercise and healthy weight. I want to change my lifestyle to the healthiest possible so that I can set a good example for him.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2012 03:27PM by salamandah.
Re: raw food diet?
June 01, 2012 12:12PM
Hi,

Take a look at the video I posted in this thread:

[www.hdlf.org]

Eric
Re: raw food diet?
June 01, 2012 05:31PM
We bought the doctors book and have incorporated some of the food and supplements in our diet. We are of the belief that if it can't hurt and it might help we will give it a try.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login