Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Our loss

Posted by Maggie 
Our loss
May 25, 2012 05:25AM
Tony's brother

[www.tributes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2012 05:56AM by Maggie.
Re: Our loss
May 25, 2012 07:51AM
Maggie,

I'm so sorry. How is Tony dealing with this?

Love,
Paula
May 25, 2012 09:09AM
The reaction has been a little strange. When I told him that Greg was not doing well several weeks ago, he cried a lot and talked about Greg with all of the caregivers who come to the house. And when he died, Tony started making plans to go to the memorial but then on the next day he started saying that he could not go because of some minor reason. The breaks on his chair need repair for example. Now he acts as if he is not hearing any talk about going to the memorial or of Greg.

Complete denial. It would be too hard on him and I think he realized that.
May 25, 2012 09:26AM
Maggie,

I am so sorry to hear about your brother in law's passing. It sounds like he was an extraordinary person despite having HD, a life well lived but much to short. Keeping you and yours in our prayers at this difficult time
May 25, 2012 07:54PM
Maggie,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Tony at this difficult time.

Love,

Paula
May 25, 2012 11:13PM
Maggie, i'm so very sorry for your and Tony's loss...and maybe this is Tony's best way of coping. Wishing the best to both of you(hugs)))
May 26, 2012 12:22AM
I wnat to express my deep felt condoleances to you and your family.
May 26, 2012 01:44AM
My condolences. Thinking of you and family during this difficult time.
May 26, 2012 09:34AM
An inspiring life story! What a testament to living with HD. Thinking of your family and praying for Greg as he deals with his loss.
May 26, 2012 09:36AM
I am sorry for your and Tony's loss. I'm sure it's very hard for Tony to handle the loss of his brother. You are both in my thoughts.
June 01, 2012 09:47AM
I'm so sorry about Tony's brother. When my husband's father passed away my husband would not even discuss going to the services. He was well into his HD by then. I didn't push because when you think about it, his dad knew he loved him, he knew Bob was ill. It's what is in the heart not what is done for show. Tony's brother knew.
June 01, 2012 05:36PM
Maggie,

Sending heartfelt condolences out to you, Tony and the rest of the family. Your brother-in-law sounds like an amazing guy, such a loss.

Take care,

Carla
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login