Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Good Article

Posted by normzach 
Good Article
May 09, 2014 07:21PM
Nice to see big money going to the HD community and a proactive organization. Gabriel is the Georgetown University HD Care Initiative angel.

[www.businessweek.com]

Fred Lothrop
Re: Good Article
May 12, 2014 11:32AM
Fred, your post is nicely understated. smiling smiley

The HD community is now tenuously waiting the outcome of this "outing" of our financial HD Angel.

Andrew Schectel is CHDI, so if he finds that the publicity too much to handle he could pull the plug, but we are hopeful that he only finds it a minor annoyance and continues his quest to find the cure.

He did go through a LOT of effort to stay anonymous.

Steve
Coffee and computer
May 12, 2014 04:57PM
Interesting. What is CHDI?
May 12, 2014 07:46PM
If you are interested in a cure for HD then you should definitely know who CHDI is. They are "the elephant in the research room" and their focus is purely on developing a treatment for Huntington's Disease. I encourage everyone to know how CHDI influences HD research.

[chdifoundation.org]
May 14, 2014 05:58AM
Much much more than a minor annoyance but it will not impact our mission to find effective treatments for HD ASAP. Robi

Robi Blumenstein
CHDI Management/CHDI Foundation
robi.blumenstein@chdifoundation.org
www.chdifoundation.org
May 14, 2014 08:53AM
Robi,

Thank you for everything CHDI is doing. If there is anything the community could do to mitigate this unwanted publicity, let us know.

Will
May 14, 2014 09:58AM
Robi-
We could never repay all of you for what you are doing but you all are appreciated more than you will ever know.
If any of us could ever do anything for any of you please let us know.
We are forever greatful for Andrew Schectel and hope he knows how thankful we are for what he has done and is doing.
There are so many very wonderful and good people affected by this illness and the day a cure is found will be the best day of our lives.
As they say in commercials priceless "a cure for HD is priceless" and we would give anything to see that day soon.
Thanks again to Andrew and all of you.
Sharon
May 14, 2014 03:26PM
Thank you for your kind words, Will and Shar.

One more thing - for the record, CHDI does a lot of things but it is NOT the angel behind the Georgetown University HD Care Initiative. That honor goes to Jack Griffin and the Griffin Foundation. Thank you Jack and family!

Robi

Robi Blumenstein
CHDI Management/CHDI Foundation
robi.blumenstein@chdifoundation.org
www.chdifoundation.org
May 14, 2014 04:06PM
CHDI are ruthless a**holes, and oh yeah, they may find the cure, but they will do anything, any way, to get the job done, and they don't care who they step on to do it, my opinion, A**HOLES! smiling smiley There, now I feel better. Don't respond to me on here or by pm robi about this, you know I won't respond to you, but you can have my message deleted if you want, I don't care, at least I got to say in a very uncouth way, exactly what I think of CHDI **sholes! Oh and if I get crap for this too, I really don't care, because I just don't care like I used too...such is life

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2014 04:13PM by Barb.
May 14, 2014 04:36PM
hmmm, CHDI, they ruthlessly do what they want to do, no matter what the cost, to get what THEY want. They have posted on here before telling us that healthy lifestyle and vitamins have NO value, and they we OWE it to the hd community, to go in trials. WE with HD, we OWE others, yeah right!@@! I with hd, OWE MY OWN HEALTH FIRST! That means evaluating each trial with my neuro, and deciding if that trial is the best fit for me, at that stage of my hd, and whatever stage my health is at. Your darn right! I am SELFISH about keeping MY HEALTH where I want it.
Nobody is allowed to make donations to chdi, because they do not want to be accountable to anyone. They are three rich people, who will do whatever it takes, which means no desire to take donations and have accountability to others, and they will do whatever it takes, including mis-leading the hd community in order to get what they want. Oh yeah, they think they can buy famous hd researchers with their money, too, which they have done, in order to get the researchers to do what they want them to do and say
Well I know one thing, people of character and integrity can never be bought or swayed by the wrong people, I'm so glad I'm one of those people, your own integrity and life path and choices, are the only real thing in life that you can control, and you can bet your money that I cannot be bought, connived or swayed by promises of riches or fame. There, that's good enough for me.
May 15, 2014 03:38PM
Yup,

Have to be careful or else Dave Hodgdon will be all over my case again - geez
May 15, 2014 05:19PM
Oh Fred, I liked your posting, I just have a thing against chdi, that's all, but sorry to you if I effected your thread
JFB
May 15, 2014 05:52PM
made me want to read the article, but appearantly my computer won't let me see anything associated with Bloomberg!
May 15, 2014 05:59PM
LOL Joe smiling smiley I never got deleted either, guess robi doesn't have as much "leverage" on this forum any more, and I know why smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login