Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Another HD warrior angel

Posted by Marsha 
Another HD warrior angel
April 01, 2014 08:57PM
I have sad news. Gordon Robertson, dear friend and long time contributor to the Lighthouse passed away this week. Gordon wrote about Juvenile Huntington's Disease and his son Michael's struggles with the disease. After Michael passed away, he continued his advocacy for JHD patients and was always available to talk with other parents. Gordon is survived by his beloved daughter Kirsty and beloved granddaughter.

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
Re: Another HD warrior angel
April 01, 2014 09:14PM
Awfully sad news. Gordon, Kirty and Micheal were great friends... love 'em all. Gordon did great work, with lots of respect for everyone. And with grace as well as humor. Just a big loss. Go Rangers!
April 01, 2014 10:31PM
Oh my god!!! Not dear Gordon sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley I got to meet Gordon at the world conference here in Vancouver, such a wonderful man, who's had a very hard life, rest easy now my friend
April 02, 2014 09:00AM
He and Michael were true warriors. May they be at peace together.

Will
April 02, 2014 09:17AM
I am so sad to hear about Gordon's death. I saw it on facebook and came right here to see if you knew. I am so sorry for his loss and feel so bad for his daughter and grnadaughter. I had followed him on facebook and didn't relaize he was ill.
By the way, has anybody heard anything about Maggie and Tony since I haven't seen anything posted by Maggie in a long time?
April 03, 2014 01:52PM
Sad news. sad smiley
April 04, 2014 11:46AM
There are certain people who deliver a striking blow when we hear about their passing. Gordon is one of those people.. RIP Dear One Rose
April 07, 2014 07:42AM
Very sad, Gordon was a great man who cared very deeply, he will be very sorely missed.
x
April 11, 2014 10:59AM
I was so saddened to hear of Gordon passing away, he shared alot and helped a lot of people in the time he was dedicated to the HD cause. He looked after his son for many years. My condolences to his daughter and grand daughter too. The fact he is now with Michael is the only plus here...He was an incredible person and I spent many hours talking with him. I am wishing him all the best up in Heaven...Him sharing his person experiences about living with a HD son helped a lot of people and comforted a lot of people.
April 12, 2014 09:07AM
This is truly sad. Thank God for people like him.

Mike
pal
May 14, 2014 06:18PM
Matthew 5:4 |
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login