Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Klonopin and HD

Posted by Janigirl 
Klonopin and HD
April 07, 2014 02:54PM
Hi, my son is HD positive and wants to try klonopin for his anxiety. Has anyone on here had good luck with this medication?
Thanks!
Re: Klonopin and HD
April 07, 2014 09:05PM
My husband seems to have luck with it.
April 07, 2014 09:55PM
Do you know what kind of dose he is on Shar?
April 08, 2014 08:21PM
He is on .5 mg twice daily, however, he didn't start at this dosage.
He has been on it so many years I don't remember for sure what he started with - I am thinking it was half of that twice daily or just .5 daily.
April 09, 2014 04:33PM
My husband has been on this for years, at first we tried anti-depressants but the actually made him depressed. Our doctor suggested anti-anxiety and he has been taking it since. Just recently we upped the dose but it has worked very well for us for at least four years how. He takes .5mg twice a day and an additional one if he has a problem sleeping.
VRE
April 11, 2014 10:03AM
Works for my husband! We are fans of this one. He has been taking it since June and they upped the dosage following his HD diagnosis.
Amazing results. Hope it helps your son.

Vicky
April 11, 2014 10:36AM
Thanks everyone....he has started it, and is so much more calm now. I love this pill for him! I'm glad it's helping all
of your Phd's as well!
April 12, 2014 09:08AM
Thanks for sharing. This will help me should I need a different med.

Mike
April 13, 2014 11:40AM
Did NOT like it. Even at a small dosage, made him "zombielike". Dr. suggested to use it only if he gets violent. Yeah, like I'm goining to try to make him take then....he's benn on resperidone for 4 years. This has worked 98% of the time. Remember, every pHD is different.....
April 16, 2014 12:02PM
Is this s0mething people went to work? My doctor had suggested it and I had a bad time with lorazapam. Still working now
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login