Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

proud of my husband

Posted by JudyF 
proud of my husband
June 30, 2012 06:06PM
The kids and I are here I'm Florida having a great time. My sister in law told my husband yesterday where we are and I guess he wasn't happy at first, but got over it. I called him today and he wasn't the least bit upset. He was asking how everyone was and was even laughing at some of my stories. He said he loved me and asked when we would be home. I actually enjoyed our conversation. For a few minutes I felt like I had my husband back. My oldest son has some fun things planned for him. They are gonna go fishing, to the movies and to a concert.
Re: proud of my husband
June 30, 2012 06:38PM
JudyF,

I am glad that it all unfolded this way for you, and I am very happy that your husband was able to understand and rise to the occassion. I hope that you have a good trip to Florida and all goes well there. Best of luck with the situation in Florida and your husband. Between your husband, children, and aging parents you have your hands full. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs.
CP
July 01, 2012 06:36AM
I am so glad that everything is going so well.
eve
July 01, 2012 08:39AM
Very happy to hear this, Judy! You deserve a break!!!
July 01, 2012 06:29PM
Well, everything was going great until one of the fine nurses told my husband that I didn't want him here. My son told me that he followed one of the nurses around for an hour asking why he couldn't go to Florida. They all well know that it would not be feasible for me to bring him here not to mention the kids and I need a break for a few days. All I can say is they are not gonna like me when I get back! What idiots!
July 01, 2012 11:45PM
Well, I am glad that you are having a good time and that everything was going smoothly. I truly think that nurses need to undergo some psychiatric testing of their own. My mom deals with some nurses that are totally dedicated and caring and really looking out for the patient. And she has to deal with some that are just there for the paycheck and the benefits. What a totally uncool, uncaring thing to say to any person! I am stunned by the lack of tact on the part of the nurse.

I do hope you all are having a great time.
July 02, 2012 10:15PM
Thanks everyone ! I am very glad that I was able to make this trip. I am happy to report that my dad seems to be doing ok. His heart muscle was getting very weak so his doctor put him on some medication and his heart is improving. I was shocked when I first saw him because he has lost so much weight. He still doesn't seem to have much energy. He seems to fall asleep a lot. We have stocked his fridge so he has plenty of food. His fridge was practically bare when we got here. Tomorrow my brother and I plus our kids are off to Universal Studios. Should be fun. The kids are very excited! Me too!
July 03, 2012 12:47AM
Judy, it must have been hard to see your dad like this, but im glad you're off to have a fun time now, you deserve it so much hon
July 03, 2012 01:24AM
Have fun Judy...recharge and enjoy your trip.

Carla
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login