Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Marijuana Delays Huntington's Disease in Animal Tests

Posted by Avenir 
Marijuana Delays Huntington's Disease in Animal Tests
June 22, 2011 06:12AM
This is the second article I've seen on this topic: [www.opposingviews.com]’s-disease-in-animal-tests
Re: Marijuana Delays Huntington's Disease in Animal Tests
June 22, 2011 07:27AM
Interesting. The above link didn't work for me so here is another

[www.opposingviews.com]
June 22, 2011 08:35AM
I read this as well. I have always speculated that years of pot smoking has kept my husband onset at bay. Funny, he is now 15 months sober and we are now seeing some "fidgets" that may. Be symptoms. Ironic.
June 23, 2011 12:29PM
The problem is with this is it would take years and years of users smoking pot while non-symptomatic to prove anything. I have my doubts about it, but no one is going to fund a decade long trial I don't think. So we won't know.
June 23, 2011 01:12PM
MJ is one of those things which grow and can be eaten or smoked for a benefit. I always kept a rosemary plant to help with depression by swishing the plant and breathing its exotic smell. Sage is calming, and so is lavender. the pot in the 70's was gentle compared to the genetically altered 10 times stronger pot of today.
the violence on TV and games was much less too ie killing someone by having a hotel on which he lands compared to killing the ground hog with various guns which my son had. Reid couldn't stand it when the wolf was killed on dances with wolves. Each level of shock eventually immunes you to the shock factor so its takes more and more and more, so today we have cops who regularly kill the mentally ill or tase them, because no one really care. as long as it isnt themselves.

I think part of the anti smoking movement was big pharm who would rather sell you their expensive anti drugs rather than letting much cheaper tobacco. I have the last laugh because now the smokers are so fat. Humans need their diversions and getting rid of cars would do more for humans from pollution and exercises. I am really the only person who walks everyw here. Every city is set up for the cars to go not stop and we expect the peds to cross in\ 8 secs before the light changes, so fewer and fewer people walk.
I asked about using pot and my neuro is dead set against but he comes from the states where the doctors learn drugs are good and pot is bad. 'My last foray with MJ brownies was most enjoyable, anti anixety pills never make me laugh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2011 01:16PM by dustyblues.
June 24, 2011 03:38PM
I think they just forget they have HD and are too busy looking for a 20lb Oreo cookie.

..just sayin'
June 24, 2011 04:07PM
Well i've never tried pot lol, don't think i'll take that up at this stage of the game lol, but, when i was chatting with Dusty last night, i asked her, what do you think i should give up, smokes beer or toilet paper, she said TOILET PAPER!!!! LOL LOL LOL smiling smiley
June 30, 2011 02:46PM
Hi,

One son smokes pot the other does not...cag count almost the same...son that doesn't
smoke has very rapid progression/anger and violence issues, resides in a nursing home...other son is working, independent, much slower progression, much nicer to be around. Those are the facts here.
Doctor says the jury is still out on whether pot helps Phd's. To each his own.

Carla
June 30, 2011 04:43PM
I`ve just read that a medical company In Netherlands want to make Cannabis tablets for parkinsons, Multiple Sklerose, chronic pain etc.
If I had to choose I would prefer to take like a pill , not smoking. I never like smoking pot or tabacco.
June 30, 2011 11:21PM
I have a son who smokes pot sometimes too and ive been thinking maybe I should join him.ha ha ha one big happy family.
I thought that medical pot already came in more forms than just smoking?
and I also think you can do it like I do the e-cigarete only with pot.
Laura
July 01, 2011 12:34AM
I was discussing this topic with the guys at work the other day and they said that here in New Mexico drs. are switching from the regular form of marijuana to a butter. I've also read that Canada has developed an oral spray.
Carla, Could you share how much your son smokes? Thanks.

Audrey
July 01, 2011 07:48AM
audrey
he smokes daily, in the evening when he gets home.
July 01, 2011 03:33PM
Some voters in MA are fighting (myself being one of them) to get cannabis legalized for medical use (or even not). It is legal to prescribe for medicinal purposes in RI which is just the next state over. I'm all for it- I understand and respect that people have different opinions on illegal drug issues. However, my general thought is if it helps, and no one gets hurt. . then really. . who cares? And although I haven't smoked in some time now (secondary to my job), I'll be the first in line if it ever is legal (for non medicinal reasons- I never slept so well as I did when smoking - I'll be honest) I'm with Dusty all the way- pot over toilet paper any day. . .hahaha.. . .
July 01, 2011 05:30PM
. I've also read that Canada has developed an oral spray.

Look at this
[en.wikipedia.org]
August 02, 2011 07:56PM
vapourizers can be used which takes out the harmfull stuff
August 03, 2011 07:56AM
Our doctor turned to Marinol (synthetic THC) to help calm my husbands chorea. It seems to help, and surprisingly, the co pay isn't astronomic. If you would want to pursue marijuana use, consider the pill form, the pot out there today is too "engineered", more carcinogenic etc..
August 03, 2011 11:18AM
I have a friend in CA that uses medicinal marajuana butter and foods baked with the butter - better than smoking...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login