Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Steve...

Posted by Sally 
Steve...
December 19, 2005 08:45PM
I am having trouble getting into some posts. As well, I received a couple of private messages. I got into the first one, but can't seem to open my newest one. Any suggestions?
db
Re: Steve...
December 19, 2005 09:04PM
Dear Steve if I put a check mark where it saids send replies to this thread to me via email does my email address show up to everyone or just the person I am getting a message to for EG. Sally thank you db
December 19, 2005 10:04PM
I've found a problem with the software. If a person includes an email address in the body of the post then causes the message to NOT display. I'll be working on that problem over the next few days.
December 19, 2005 10:08PM
I don't believe an email address is visible unless you set your profile to make your email visible. If someone finds this not to be true please let me know.

Thanks,
Steve
db
December 20, 2005 07:42AM
So if you set your profile to make your Email visible is it visible on THIS post or just when you send a private message? I just want my Email address visible to as few people as possiable. Yet I would like to give it to a few eg. Sally. thank You Steve. db
JL
December 20, 2005 11:21AM
I'll be awaiting further news.....
December 20, 2005 11:40AM
When one sends a private message it only goes to your inbox on this site...not to you e-mail address. This site has something like internal e-mail as far as I can tell. If you click on "My Control Center" you will get a menu. In that menu is inbox. Click on that and your private messages are sent to you there. Your e-mail address is not involved. I think only registered members can communicate this way. That should keep crack pots at bey. If for any reason you get undesirable messages Steve can remove that user if justified. Pretty cool! I will send you a test Prvate Message db so you can see how it works. Check you inbox.
December 20, 2005 09:12PM
The problem with the email addresses appears to have been fixed. Sorry for the difficulties.

Steve Ireland
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login