Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Hollering??

Posted by pal 
pal
Hollering??
January 22, 2015 10:26AM
My Husband with HD has become very exaggarated and hollers all the time like you do at a ball game is this HD???
Thanks
JFB
Re: Hollering??
January 22, 2015 10:32AM
My Wife's is normally as she tries to warn Daniel Boone or Matt Dillion!
pal
January 22, 2015 10:50AM
JFB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My Wife's is normally as she tries to warn Daniel
> Boone or Matt Dillion!

He is in 50s and has started doing this to everything?? He has always been loud and talkitive but this is new was was curious if other caregivers experence this , I try to be paient with it but failing as I work from home
JFB
January 22, 2015 06:01PM
pal Wrote:
>..., I try to be paient with it but failing as I work from home.

Customers have asked me to just review documents while I am unable to work and I have to refuse. I use to work with turbine engines roaring close by and able to concentrate, but there is no way I can do it with the wife's yelling
February 02, 2015 07:34PM
Yes. My son does this. I believe it is a form of chorea...the ability to modulate the tone volume and rhythm is impaired. Couple this symptom with a subject that they feel passionately about...OMG!

I just go with it because soon enough I will not hear his voice at all and that is a very sad thing.
pal
February 07, 2015 06:47PM
Thank You
May 29, 2015 08:09PM
I wouldn't say that my son "hollers" much. However, sometimes in the night I'm awakened by him laughing very loudly at his cartoons (Japanese anime) or video games on the t.v. or computer. I don't notice it too much in the daytime when home from work. He was a drummer so sometimes I wonder if it's his hearing instead of his HD. However, it's almost as though he's conversing with them as well. Occasionally when he's talking (but not to me) I'll check to see if maybe he's on the telephone. His father would react to t.v. shows laughing hysterically at sad themes and almost in tears when it was funny. The upside of the Japanese anime addiction is that my son is learning the language a bit!
October 25, 2015 06:25PM
A few months ago I wrote that my son doesn't "holler" much, but things have changed. When
he's watching television or playing video games, he makes a lot of involuntary shouts, laughs
and other sounds of laughter or frustration. He might watch a frightening series on "Netflix"
such as "Supernatural" and shriek with laughter as though it's the funniest program he's ever
seen. There are some funny moments in there such as when the two brothers are talking with
each other, but he laughs at some rather harrowing moments as well. Oh, company's here so must
close for now. Thanks for "listening".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login