Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Tis The Season

Posted by normzach 
Tis The Season
December 30, 2014 08:24PM
wonder if anyone received the new years message from hdsa. wonder what, if any, reaction to the use of the message to solicit funds from HD families.

from the south of Maryland

Fred Lothrop
Re: Tis The Season
December 30, 2014 10:27PM
Hi Fred,

I haven't listened to the video yet, but due to your interest I might have to actually listen to it. Thanks a lot buddy. eye popping smiley

What is your reaction to the message?
December 31, 2014 08:53AM
I got year end solicitations from AARP, the SPCA, Navy Marine Corps Relief Society, Wounded Warrior Foundation, HD REACH (North Carolina Support Group), HD Association of Canada and HDSA. None of those bothered me, but I don't have Fred's problem.

Will
January 01, 2015 12:51PM
Nonprofit groups need money and do solicitations at the end of the year. That doesn't bother me. What does bother me is an organization that raises money to pay the salaries of people who don't give a flying fig about the mission and whose job it is is to raise money. There are very few people left at HDSA who actually care. It's sad.
January 02, 2015 05:17AM
like will, mail boxes are filled with solicitations and some greetings sincere, some are not, some deserving, most are not. the one from hdsa just did not ring true to me, maybe it was the be healthy thing and the absence of empathy for pHDs and how they feel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login