Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

haven't been on in years...

Posted by debbye27 
haven't been on in years...
December 02, 2014 08:45PM
Hi everyone,
I am basically new here don't really post and I just read posts to make me feel better. My mom had Huntington's disease and passed away 4 years ago. It was a rough ride. Very much a struggle and battle. I have never been tested but I think about it daily. I just turned 39. The not know I think is just as bad as knowing. Every little movement, anger outburst,memory loss I think is this it. My brother who is 29 decided to get tested. My sister is 31 and decided not too. One concern I have is my ability for the last 4-5 months is my grip on a pencil. My finger slips off it so I cant hole the pencil to write. It will slip and cause me to make an unintentional line on the paper. It has gotten pretty bad, I hate to write anymore. I also have trouble with memory and concentration. Sometimes when I argue with my husband he says im messed up in the head because he thinks im irrational. is the disease or is it just me getting cranky.this hand thing really worries me..has anyone heard of this>
Concerned..
Debbye
Re: haven't been on in years...
December 04, 2014 09:48PM
Everyone at risk thinks they have it and symptom hunts.

Welcome back.
eve
December 06, 2014 09:47AM
I don't have HD but my penmanship has gotten really bad.There are pencil grips that might help.
eve
December 06, 2014 09:47AM
I don't have HD but my penmanship has gotten really bad.There are pencil grips that might help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login