Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Creatine and My Latest Marathon

Posted by Will 
Creatine and My Latest Marathon
October 30, 2014 04:10PM
I'm not terribly disappointed in the CREST-E results. As others have said, it's important to know what doesn't work for most people. I think there is still anecdotal evidence that it is beneficial for some people. It's part of the supplement regimen that is helping keep me symptom free at age 68, so I'm going to keep taking the HCL version.

As many know, I am part of a group of 4 people called the Groundpounders who have run all 38 Marine Corps Marathons in Washington, DC, starting in 1976. Last Sunday was the 39th and all 4 began the race. Sadly, two did not finish. I and another retired Marine Corps Colonel named Al Richmond did finish, althought with pathetically slow times. We'll continue next year for the 40th.

Here's a picture of me at the finish with the young Marine 2nd Lieutenant who presented me with my finisher medal. If you look at his name tag, he's also a Brown. He's hard and lean and ready to take on the world like I was in 1968.
[img.photobucket.com]

Here's a picture of me at Mile 20, which is on the 14th Street Bridge on the course. You have to reach that by a certain time in order to finish. That's called Beating The Bridge. That's why I look happy.
[img.photobucket.com]

Finally, here's the iconic Iwo Jima Monument at the finish line. My father was wounded fighting on Iwo Jima and a distant cousin to my mother, Rene' Gagnon, is the 3rd person back from the flag on the statue. I'm half French Canadian - my mother's maiden name was Rondeau.
[img.photobucket.com]

Will
Re: Creatine and My Latest Marathon
October 30, 2014 07:18PM
Hey Will, I truly believe that your supplement regime truly is a good one, and more importantly, it works for you, and hey, if it aint broke, don't fix it, right? lol

You are an incredible and unbelievable person. And I know you always said it would be sad when all four of you don't cross the finish line. We do get older, don't we, and those we know. But, enough of that, now you're on to #40 next year, that is incredible!!! I can't believe it smiling smiley

I loved seeing your pics, but I have to say, the one of you on the bridge, and the sun shining on you the way it was, that was awesome. Way to go my friend smiling smiley
October 31, 2014 10:52AM
Great going Will. Keep it going......

Mike
October 31, 2014 12:28PM
Wow. That's awesome Will. Congratulations .
November 03, 2014 05:40PM
Congratulations, Will! Great job! I think you're wise to keep up your supplements -- they sure work for you!

I'm going to continue taking creatine, and also CoQ10, because I still have no symptoms at 60 years old.

Judy
November 05, 2014 07:40AM
You go Will!! I have also been in the supplements and been told what great shape I'm in for 55. I actually had a nurse tell me I was in amazing shape ( my stats) when I had a stomach issue and went to the emergency room! I am 42 count and have some nervous stuff but think skiing will whack that right out!!! So you guys stay active and healthy and I'm continuing with creatine and antioxidants too
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login