Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Today diagnosed Huntington's

Posted by Brum 
Today diagnosed Huntington's
October 20, 2014 06:29PM
Today I was diagnosed with Huntington's- told my family 2 children - I also have 5 grandchildren. - I do not know what to do next.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 06:30PM by Brum.
Re: Today diagnosed Huntington's
October 21, 2014 09:10AM
Brum.

I am so sorry for your news. I am a caregiver to my husband who was diagnosed in August of 2013.
I am at a loss for words but you will find a lot of support on this site.

Liz
October 21, 2014 11:51AM
Brum, I'm sorry to hear that. The only advice I have is to take one day at a time and when you need support come here, take care.
October 21, 2014 05:29PM
Brum, keep the chin up. Today is a setback. You will rise from this. Your family will rally round you. Stay focused and try and remain as healthy as possible. You got this.
October 22, 2014 08:39AM
Brum,

Having the HD gene is not a death sentence. Many of us with it are living full and productive lives. Click on "Community" at the top of this forum to read stories about how people are thriving in spite of it.

Will
October 22, 2014 08:49AM
It's never good news Brum and it's not the end either. Keep fighting. You have a lot to process, a lot of questions and hopefully you will get the benefit we have from this forum. We stand beside you.

Mike
November 09, 2014 04:34PM
Brum, I was recently diagnosed myself, so I know what your going through. Anytime you need someone to talk to, I or anyone of the strong souls on this site would be more than happy to lend a hand.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login