Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Intravenous trehalose being tested for muscular dystrophy

Posted by EricR 
Intravenous trehalose being tested for muscular dystrophy
October 19, 2014 02:59PM
Here are a couple of links if you want to read more about this. Maybe HD researchers can learn from this.

Press release from the company developing the treatment:

[globenewswire.com]

Information about the treatment:

[bioblast-pharma.com]
Re: Intravenous trehalose being tested for muscular dystrophy
October 19, 2014 04:30PM
Bioblast has only been in operation for two years, according to their web page, and they have only had a board of directors for only three months. Most of their board of directors specialize in profit making, and they boast about their ability to make money. So, to me they don't appear very credible, but maybe Marsha knows otherwise. As for the treatment itself, I really don't know. Eating trehalose has already been proven to be helpful for hd, so why add IV? Is more necessarily better, that I don't know, and they don't know either. Their trial shows IV equals more, but it has not shown that more is better. There were no disease progression results yet, only safety results. Marsha, I'm really having trouble with this one, because most posts from ericr are not credible sources, but I'm having trouble figuring out if this one is credible or not. Do you know anything about this company Marsha?

PS The only time ericr posts, ever, is to talk about some crackpot cure for hd, none of which have ever proved even remotely credible. So, this is why, when he posts something, I do jump right on it and question the credibility. He doesn't even have a connection to hd as far as we know. He usually seems to have good intentions though, just a bit mis-guided I think

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2014 04:45PM by Barb.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login