Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Being extremely bitter,bitterness as a symptom

Posted by Chicago_t 
Being extremely bitter,bitterness as a symptom
October 07, 2014 05:23PM
Has anyone else experienced this in hd? I try and talk to my wife and she just keeps mentioning the stuff from the past,most of which is not true or didn't even happen.She admits she is bitter towards me but there is no response when I ask her why.She also agrees to do something and then changes her mind and won't a couple days later.Dealing with this whether it is hd or not is gonna make me need medication! thanks in advance!
JFB
Re: Being extremely bitter,bitterness as a symptom
October 07, 2014 08:10PM
My wife use to get into a mod where she goes on non stop about how bad her father's family treated her mother following her fathers death. You can feel the pure hate as she mentions her aunts and uncles. this was all 40 years ago when she was 10!

for some reason I have forgotten most of the details of how she was about 10 years ago where she would scream for hours that I was trying to poison her because I used the wrong brand of window cleaner. this was the period where I could have walked away (actual thought about divorse, giving her everthing and leaving the country). Luckily stumbling on the right SSRI dimineshed these fits greatly (or there was just a coincidental change in the diease). now it looks like taking care of her will now cost me everthing, ...
October 07, 2014 08:57PM
Thanks,JFB.I keep asking her to get tested but she insists she is fine and will compare what stage or symptoms her sister had at this age.I try to explain that everyone is different and you cannot make comparisons like that but that doesn't bode well with her.
November 09, 2014 12:33PM
I am guessing she is suffering from delusions...that happened with my HD sister who just passed away a few months ago. Her mind made things up all the time. I wrote a piece here called False Memories that may help you understand this more. For some reason your wife is distrusting you for reasons either real or imagined... And she is remembering the threat she felt in the trust issues she now has but can not remember when asked. Who know unless she can tell you there is no way to know. But I would guess she is delusional as well as suffering from paranoia from what you are saying. It may be a side effect of what ever meds she is on too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2014 12:37PM by Kelly B.
November 10, 2014 09:34AM
Thanks for your input, Kelly. I will look for your post. I know she is taking some meds but I don't know what they are, her family is really secretive about it.I dont try to bug them about it but I would still help in any way I can.The way she is though its very hard to communicate with the constant mind changing and hard to reason, and acting very selfish.Thanks again.
November 11, 2014 09:07AM
November 11, 2014 04:47PM
Thanks for the link, Will.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login