Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Arms raised high

Posted by nalo 
Arms raised high
September 21, 2014 08:01AM
Is this a possible symptom? My wife raises her arm up high for no apparent reason. It looks like what I would do if I was releasing my shirt from under my trousers - an unusual analogy, I know, but it looks like that. She is doing this way too often. Thanks.
Re: Arms raised high
September 21, 2014 12:55PM
Yes, it could be an involuntary movement.
May 28, 2015 12:34AM
The way I thought of it, when my son first started raising his arms, was that he looked as though he was raising his hand for a teacher to call on him in school. Now he's raising both arms involuntarily. I don't say anything to him; it's just something that he does and can't help. His father did the same with HD so it doesn't surprise me. Don't worry about it, ok? It is what it is...
May 28, 2015 12:34AM
The way I thought of it, when my son first started raising his arms, was that he looked as though he was raising his hand for a teacher to call on him in school. Now he's raising both arms involuntarily. I don't say anything to him; it's just something that he does and can't help. His father did the same with HD so it doesn't surprise me. Don't worry about it, ok? It is what it is...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login