Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Coconut oil reverse symptoms in AD patients. Is this a cure for HD?

Posted by Runningforlife 
Coconut oil reverse symptoms in AD patients. Is this a cure for HD?
September 05, 2014 05:28PM
[undergroundhealthreporter.com]

Is this the day we have been waiting for my friends grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley?
Re: Coconut oil reverse symptoms in AD patients. Is this a cure for HD?
September 05, 2014 10:30PM
Nope, not her story on coconut oil anyways. If I remember, we had quite a discussion on here maybe about 5 years ago on here about her. Her so called results were mostly what she wanted to see, because when we watched her video, there was no visible sign of change in him at all, not saying she was lying, she just had rose coloured glasses is all, and saw what she wanted to see in her husband.
As to your link and the website, just take a look at the obvious, at the top of the page is a link to their "marketplace" of supplements that you can buy from them.

So, having said all that, I give her report and this webpage no credibility of any kind, but, this is a big but, that also doesn't mean that coconut oil doesn't have any health benefits. There has been a lot said lately "for" coconut oil, on tv and stuff.
September 06, 2014 08:43AM
Runningfor life,

This sounds like your previous posts on "cures" for HD, which you may or not have. If you're interested, I can get you a great deal to buy the Brooklyn Bridge for $100.

Will
September 06, 2014 03:28PM
Nope, it's not.
September 08, 2014 07:34PM
Well, I am not convinced Coconut oil shows no benefit guys.

It says coconut oil significanly increases ketone bodies in the brain. The ketone bodies provide fuel for the brain. When ketone bodies are metabolized blood flow to the brain increases and bring more oxygen with it.

This is very interesting. More fuel and more oxygen leads to sharper brain in daily life. And a sharper brain obviously will delay onset of HD for years.

Of course; we cant say this is a cure. Not yet smiling smiley But there are clearly strong enough evidence to eat 4 teaspoons of coconut oil a day. There are no risks and a lot of potential of health benefits smiling smiley Why not try smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley ?????? There is absoluty no reason to not try smiling smiley I am 90 - 10 on benefit from coconut oil and 5-95 on a cure. This discovery increases the odds of all people with the HD mutation of surviving HD smiling smiley Great day for HD community smiling smiley

I have faith in us!
September 24, 2014 09:03PM
I believe coconut oil probably ranks up there with shark stem cell injections which allegedly break the blood brain barrier. They try to make it seem all too convincing when they used to have a gent whose name I will not say, who was promoting said therapy, and the only reason he looked like he was "cured" was because he had a unique CAG count or late onset running through his family. The other convincing thing was the UPS delivery in a box with ice, keep refrigerated. Fancy.

It doesn't work and it is a worse than a hoax, it is ripping people off of what little money they have. When it sounds too good to be true, it often is just that.
September 26, 2014 01:13PM
Even with supplements that many people take here because they are safe and have shown some effectiveness in mice, nobody is talking about 'cure.' We are talking about staying healthier longer so as to benefit from more effective treatments in the pipeline. The huntingtin protein is so important in the brain and has multiple function that the mutant form causes literally hundreds of alterations in cells and signalling that a real cure is going to have to either silence the HD gene enough to let the cell's defense mechanisms work, or silence or cut out the extra CAG repeats.
September 30, 2014 08:35PM
Completely agree with your last post Marsha. I am so excited about the pre-cell study in CA. Hopefully, it will bring some kind of a cure down the road. As for the coconut oil, IF it bring more oxygen to the brain, that means nothing. HD people don't need more oxygen, they need DNA that isn't set up to destroy the brain by killing parts of it. The CAG repeats aren't depriving the brain of oxygen. That being said, anything HD people can do to help the healthy parts of their brain stay healthy is a good thing. Best thing anyone can do (HD or not) is exercise, get outdoors, eat fresh, local organic fruits and veggies. All the usual stuff docs say and no one does.
September 30, 2014 09:03PM
Sorry Amber, hd people Do need more oxygen to their brain. The very first thing my hd doctor said to me on my very first visit was this: Anything that improves heart health, circulation, and blood blow, that is good for the heart, is good for the brain and for hd, including exercise and heart healthy foods.
And sorry everyone, but my frustration level has hit it's limits with this thread, and yes, I'm about to vent.
Yes, the way coconut oil was presented by the author of this thread, and by the webpage presented in the very first post, is Definitely a snake oil presentation, of coconut oil is the great Cure for hd, and the webpages presentation to get people to buy their coconut oil. That I am VERY much against in this thread.
BUT! Having said that! Be mad at the PRESENTATION, NOT at coconut oil!
I don't take coconut oil myself, but coconut oil is not snake oil, only the authors presentation of it is!
I am very frustrated, because coconut oil has been hitting even the news lately, that it is showing to be heart healthy and brain healthy! Just like fish oil, other good things on our diet, exercise, etc!
So please, be mad at the presentation, but Don't put down healthy diet and exercise, stop throwing the baby out with the bath water!
I AM ALL FOR FIGHTING HD WITH HEALTHY LIFESTYLE, SO DONT IN YOUR FRUSTRATION PUT DOWN A FOOD THAT IS HEALTHY.

FRUSTRATED! Ok, unfrustated now
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login