Posted by Marsha 
Will's new article
September 02, 2014 06:32PM
Our columnist Will has a new article up: [www.hdlf.org]

Thanks, Will!
Re: Will's new article
September 02, 2014 07:15PM
Will,

Nice article. I also try to use humor and look on the bright side of HD.

Thanks,

Carla
September 03, 2014 09:44AM
Great article Will. Good perspective too.

Mike
September 03, 2014 01:02PM
I guess I should quit the smokes!! I keep trying, but fall off the wagon often!! I kind of thought HD would stop cancer from coming.

I'll be good!
September 03, 2014 02:19PM
Interesting read.

The Huntington's Disease Registry in Denmark caught my eye. Initiated and maintained by whom(who)? Wonder if there is such an animal here in the good ole USofA? Would be great to have up to date/current statistics to help do battle for funding and recognition by the SSA and VA.

Fred Lothrop
September 04, 2014 01:31AM
Will, that was a great article. I believe what you say too about cancer and hd. And I also "believe" in the sun smiling smiley And I'm sure the chemicals in sunscreen are more harmful than the sun. I try and get as much sun as I can in the summer, about 20 mins, several times a day, because I've heard the vit d you get from the sun is stored, and if you get enough it can last you through the winter, and I've heard this really helps with winter depression. I've also thought that yes, the sun can do oxidative damage, but I've always felt if a person has the right antioxidants in their diet, this will prevent damage. Sooo, I know you love your blueberries, you're protected, but I hate blueberries lol. Soooo, guess what was on Dr Oz the other day. He was saying the sun is good for you, and to protect from sun damage, tomatoes. To eat tomatoes that are stir fried in olive oil, and that accentuates the lycopeine in the tomatoes, which protects from sun damage smiling smiley
September 04, 2014 01:13PM
Thanks for the great article, Will! My dad, who was the gene carrier in our family, died alone at home at the age of 65. He probably had a heart attack -- cancer was never an issue for him, either. Like you, he served our country as a U. S. Marine - and I remember he always had a great tan, never used sun-screen.

I spend many hours in the sun, too, Barb, without sunscreen. I have a good tan! And so far, no cancer in the family! I definitely think both the sun itself and the exercise in the sun are therapeutic.

Judy Galasek
September 30, 2014 08:46PM
Interesting
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login