Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Well this just got harder...

Posted by Kat343 
Well this just got harder...
July 28, 2014 07:38PM
m

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2016 10:07PM by Kat343.
Re: Well this just got harder...
July 31, 2014 10:19PM
Wish I could offer you what you are wanting to hear...encouragement. Unfortunately HD doesnt take in account what you need. If you are looking for an exclusive relationship, you already know you don 't have that with this fellow. If you are looking for comfort when you need it, you aren't getting it from this guy. HD doesn't get better, it gets worse. Whether or not he had HD, this is not the guy who can offer you what you are looking for in a partner. It sucks, it hurts, it's not fair, but this is real world stuff and there is someone out there who is more capable of giving you exactly what you need. I know you can't see that now, but you aren't strong enough physically or mentally to handle what's coming his way and you are prolonging the pain by holding out hope he can change and be your "everything".
I am sorry you are hurting and having medical problems of your own. You need to work through your medical issues regardless of his involvement and figure out why you feel like the current arraignment of forgiving him, taking him back, hoping and wishing for something more than he is capable of is "good enough"for you.
Re: Well this just got harder...
August 03, 2014 07:46PM
I would encourage you to take a break from this relationship and concentrate on your personal health. As you feel better, you will be able to examine the relationship with a clear head. I agree with Vicky, HD does not get better. Take a step back and take care of you for now.

Carla
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login