Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Update

Posted by Chicago_t 
Update
June 24, 2014 12:49PM
Haven't wrote on here in a while. Things are pretty much the same as in my wife doesn't wanna be tested. There are a few other things I noticed also. We are living seperate and when I did see her I noticed when she was drinking some water she choked on it and a few times when she was supposed to take our daughter she doesn't show up and will not let me know ahead of time. I used to ask her why she did this and then the tirade of bad names would be slewn at me,so I gave up asking. Those are the only noticeable symptoms that have changed besides the anger towards me and the uncaring everything is my fault attitude. So I guess my question is are these new things I'm noticing part of HD? Do these things come and go? I noticed movement in her legs while she was sleeping and a bouncing leg when she is sitting but that's about it for movements,it's more mental stuff.
Re: Update
June 29, 2014 02:00AM
Yes all of what you describe can be HD related. Sorry she is still unable to come to grips with this, but denial is also common... Meds have really helped our scenerio! Things have gotten so much better and leveled out the mood swings my husband was having. Now we just have the occasional grumpy days, but I have learned to manage to just shut up and get out of the way and that seems to help matters for both of us...
June 29, 2014 06:31PM
Thanks Vicky,I don't wanna believe what I'm seeing but all the coicidences/symptoms make it hard not too,especially without a diagnosis.
July 05, 2014 11:10PM
The only thing I would add though is that often dysphagia, or difficulty swallowing is more of a hallmark of late stages, not often an early symptom. I snark my water sometimes too.

The others do sound very similar to my husband's onset of symptoms.

Good luck,
Patty
July 07, 2014 10:12AM
Thanks Patty.The choking on water only happened a couple of times but there is a throat clearing thing she does more frequent.I don't know if it's just coincidence or not.
July 07, 2014 09:32PM
My husband had an early midstage symptom of choking on water. He would not take breaths while drinking and would try to drink a whole glass on one breath which therefore led to choking on drinks.

Lizzieann
July 08, 2014 03:28PM
Dysphagia is usually a late stage symptom as Patty wrote but as Lizzie Ann points out, it can occur much earlier. There is so much variation with this illness.
July 08, 2014 04:52PM
Yes,Thanks for the response Marsha and Lizzieann.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login