Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Going to take the Will challenge!!

Posted by mare 
Going to take the Will challenge!!
June 11, 2014 12:22PM
Since I have started on this site, I have taken 600 CO Q-10 and blueberry supplements and fish oil daily and I've been very good mostly, except my work is sooo stressful lately, it makes me not sleep and though I ski every weekend I get off and on the daily walk thing. All the sudden, I been having some moments. It getting harder to focus. I am 55 with 42 count.

I have decided to try creatine hydro and just ordered it and will make walking my religion. My supplements will come in a couple days and I will let everyone know how I am doing. I really believe the supplements have been great so far but maybe the creatine will get me more symptom free years. I'm going to keep the blueberries and fish oil.
Re: Going to take the Will challenge!!
June 11, 2014 04:31PM
mare,

One of my favorite running authors, George Sheehan, said, "We're all Experiments of One." Welcome aboard!

Will
June 12, 2014 11:56AM
Excellent!!
June 12, 2014 05:00PM
Go for it Mare. I need to follow suit.....good luck.

Mike
June 30, 2014 06:54PM
Mare, How is it going so far? Laura is going to start taking the creatine concrete but we just don't know what the best method is. I'm sure the Creatine Master (Will)Tipping my hat to you will be able to advise. . . She would like to take in a pill/capsule form. Do they make such a product. With the old creatine there was always the gritty leftover in the glass and of course the side effects. What about dosage?

Thanks,

Pete & Laura
July 01, 2014 09:20AM
Pete and Laura,

It comes in capsule form. CON-CRET Creatine HCL one capsule daily 750mg [www.amazon.com] I continue to have no gastrointestinal side effects.

Will
July 18, 2014 02:26PM
Ok I went on vacation and did not do the Will challenge. Monday is a better day. I ordered the pill form as Will describe on the Puritan website.

I will start Monday. Oh by the way, have been feeling really good again lately. I'm 42 count at almost 55. Playing golf and skiing! Activity is key I believe.

Well if the creatine bother's me I will let you Pete and Laura!! Thanks Mikee your awesome!!
July 18, 2014 04:00PM
As a reminder, there is a world-wide Phase III trial going on with high dose creatine. It's the CREST-EHD study. I don't know when results might be, but subjects are going to be followed for 37 months. [www.huntington-study-group.org]

Will
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login