Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

The love of my life has HD

The love of my life has HD
June 04, 2014 12:17AM
For the longest time I have felt alone, that no one else went through the same things that I do on a daily bases.

I started wondering how many other people felt this way?

I have decided to start a blog as what its like to care for someone who is suffering with HD. (Its a bit like a diary)
[theloveofmylifehashd.weebly.com]

would love your thoughts and if anyone would like to have a guest post
Re: The love of my life has HD
June 04, 2014 06:48PM
You are not alone. I am in a similar situation with my wife but with no diagnosis as of yet. HD runs in my wifes family and this past year she has been showing early symptoms and has no intention of getting tested. I'll be honest thinking about this disease and dealing with symptoms that may be related to it is VERY overwhelming. There are alot of very helpful people on this board that have given me advice and helped me.I talk to a few on a regular basis via email and that has been a blessing.
Re: The love of my life has HD
June 05, 2014 08:52PM
I am in the same boat. My husband was diagnosed in July of last year. I know we haven't seen the worst of it at this point. We constantly read and learn as much as we can about all there is to know. He is on a fist full of meds, that make him a sleepy zombie most of the day. Very unlike how he used to be. I miss the old guy, but learning to love the new guy and I am commited to making whatever I can better for him everyday. I don't really feel alone or lonely at this point. I can't even pretend to know how he really feels physically. This disease doesn't give a rip about us, or anyone around us for that matter! Praying for the day we can see the cure for real people, not just rats!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login