Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Question

Posted by wallettce 
Question
June 01, 2014 12:19AM
Hi I had not been here in a while,my husband is doing ok, I just wonder what is the stage that he is I keep forgetting to ask the doctor because normally I am with my husband and don't want him to hear the answer of the doctor, he is taking 2mg of risperidone and .5 mg clonazepam in the morning and at night l mg clonazepam 2 mg risperidone and 30 mg paroxetine, he is eating ok dont talk to much most of the time just point what he wants no conversation at all if I try to talk to him he gets frustrate and get up and go to bed the main problem that I see is that when he has a doctor appointment I have to lie to him so he can get in the car he doesnt have no interesting to go anywhere once in a while he agree to go to a restaurant or church not to often lately he keep steering at me like he wants to tell me something I ask him and he say nothing , I am still able to go to work my daughter works night shift so she stay with him during the day, he is able to work out in the morning like around two thirty then takes a shower and go sit in the leaving room turn tv on and watch cartoons . any ideas and how can I get him to go to the doctor that is my stress, I know I am bless to keep him home we find out about HD four years ago his CAG 45 thats what we were told . Please feel free for any suggestions his anger is control as now and hopefully for a long time.
JFB
Re: Question
June 01, 2014 08:24AM
wallettce Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .. I just wonder what is the stage that he is..<

I found publications that either have a 3 or 5 stage disignations

3 stage
[www.hdsa.org]

5 stage
[www.stanford.edu]
Re: Question
June 01, 2014 06:52PM
thanks for your information I went to that webside and is kind of confusing to me my husband does everything for himself the only thing I do for him is cook and his medication so I can me sure he is taking it, but lately i notice that his tongue moves a lot and seem that he wants to say something but he doesn't , I just want to make sure I am doing everything that I can to keep him comfortable and would like to know the better way to do when I need to take him to the doctor because he wont get in the car.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login