Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Had chorea in bed last night

Posted by kathleen 
Had chorea in bed last night
April 22, 2014 12:39AM
Last night, while lying in bed trying to sleep, I had such chorea in my fingers and my toes. It felt so strange. I didn't sleep well because of it. I was strangely calm about the whole thing.

With the hand twiches and now this last night, I feel like I know what the doctor is going to say. It's here.

I have my appointment in May. I must remember to record it if it goes crazy again like last night in order to show the doctor.

I actually feel very calm about this. At least I now know I not going crazy.
VRE
Re: Had chorea in bed last night
April 22, 2014 07:43AM
Calm is good! Anxiety only makes the movement worse, that and trying to stop it! Still praying it's something else, but glad you have geared yourself up for the worst.

Vicky
Re: Had chorea in bed last night
April 22, 2014 08:13PM
Calm is good. Thinking about the situation as you have gives you some control over where it will go. I am not even sure at times what chorea really is myself. You certainly don't get much from the Doctors about what to be aware of and I think that is in part due to the varying symptoms we experience. ( although I have no way of knowing). If not for people as yourself and this forum I would know little about HD.

One of my things I did notice is with my hand on a mouse my index finger making a tapping motion that was not intentional. A couple of days ago I was driving and found one of my fingers moving in the wind as my arm was enjoying the beautiful weather. I had no idea I was doing this until that moment. This is an odd disease to say the least.

Good Luck,

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login