Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

First twiches

Posted by kathleen 
First twiches
March 22, 2014 07:36PM
My left hand makes this strange movement. It's not often, a few times a day. It's like a contraction in the muscle and it lifts my hand up. I haven't told my husband as I don't want to worry him. Maybe it will go away.

I just started a new job and want to wait until the disability cover kick-in before going to the doctor. Maybe it will be gone by then?
VRE
Re: First twiches
March 22, 2014 11:03PM
Prayers from Texas for that! How long do you have to wait for your insurance to take effect? There are meds that can help with the movement and you may be able to visit the doctor AND stay at your job if you want to. I understand your worry, and pray this will keep quiet until all the pieces are in place.

Vicky
March 22, 2014 11:13PM
Thank you so much for your kind words of support. It should be another six weeks until my cover kicks in. I must stay calm and breathe.
March 24, 2014 11:19AM
I feel so depressed today. My husband is out of town (will be back at the end of the week). I've just started a new job and haven't yet had a permanent contract as my three months probation also included a month over Christmas when the company was closed.

A lady in my office keeps on telling my that the director doesn't like me. I don't get that vibe from my boss, but I don't feel secure either. I have made some mistakes, but I was learning still. I really do try my best.

My husband and I are looking at moving. I'm so stressed about this.

I was retrenched last year and would die of embarrasment if I my contract didn't become permanant. I can't tell my husband because I don't want to worry him. He is also extermely stressed ( studying at work). If it wasn't for my daughter I'm sure I would have killed myself by now.
March 24, 2014 05:11PM
Kathleen.

You are going through so much right now. The biggest stressors in life are said to be new job, new home, and health problems. You seem to be taking on so much at one time. Your stress can be making the HD symptoms much worse than they might be otherwise. That was definitely the case for my husband earlier on.

I hope you can talk to your husband about your worries. I know you say he is worrying too, but you need his support.

As for the lady at the office, shame on her!!! What business does she have making you worry more by telling you the boss doesn't like you. If you haven't heard any complaint from your boss herself, keep working hard and doing your best. Stay positive and relaxed. If you reduce your stress and worry, perhaps your performance will improve.

Stress is a terrible bugger.

Good luck,
Patty
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login