Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Am I going crazy. I feel like such a terrible wife.

Posted by kathleen 
Am I going crazy. I feel like such a terrible wife.
March 01, 2014 09:59AM
I've started a new job which I do work hard at. I had an MRI a year and a half ago, because I though I was having symtoms. The neurologist said it was fine and probably depression causing it.

Most of my work is good, but the errors I make are stupids ones, ones that I shouldn't be making. I try and concentrate, I really do. One co-worker also commented on how she thinks I'm doing it on purpose or else I'm not trying.

My husband tries to support me. He also has his own issues ( like everyone.)

The other night while at a function with my husband, I kissed another man! I can't believe it. I told him the next morning and still feel so dirty. What the hell is wrong with?? I'm just so angry with myself.

I just want to be a good wife to husband., but I feel so broken inside. Every morning is such a struggle just to open my eyes.
Re: Am I going crazy. I feel like such a terrible wife.
March 02, 2014 04:03PM
Depression can certainly mimic some of the symptoms of HD, but I'm a bit concerned at the neurologist for dismissing your concerns. Are you at risk, have you tested?
March 02, 2014 10:04PM
I was tested when I was 21 and it came back postive. I'm now 31 years old.
March 02, 2014 10:11PM
I am so sorry about your positive test and for all the stress you are going through. Are you being treated for depression? I am heading for bed now so I cannot write until morning but I want to say that I do NOT think you are a terrible wife. I think that something is wrong and it could likely be clinical depression.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2014 10:22PM by Marsha.
March 03, 2014 07:53AM
Yes, I'm already on two differant anti-depressants. The only complete ray of sunshine in my life is my amazing little daughter. Without her in my life, I don't know where I would be. Being a mom to her makes me take second place and focus on her, which is a very good thing. She is only three and she is growing so fast.

The other day she said to me," Mommy, I've tried and tried, but I just can't turn myself into a butterfly." So adorable.

I never want my problems to effect her in anyway.

Maybe I should go back to the doctor.
eve
March 04, 2014 07:05PM
I wonder if you should try another doctor. I don't like how this other one just sort of seemed to dismiss you. Although maybe a year and a half ago things and symptoms were not as they are now. If you've noticed changes, I would get back to the doctor and tell him or her about your continued increased symptoms or new symptoms. I don't know if HD always shows up on MRT's in early to mid stages. I wonder because I've heard it affects different people's brains in different ways. I'm really sorry you're having these bad feelings about yourself. There has got to be someone(s) you can find to help you solve what is going on. Don't get down on yourself and don't give up until you get some answers. Now is your time to find your courage and problem solve.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login