For HD families ... by HD families

Creatine - Looks like it works

Posted by noreaster 
Creatine - Looks like it works
February 10, 2014 10:08AM
Hey guys-

Looks like the Creatine results are beginning to come in, very positively:

[psychcentral.com]

P.S. Sorry I've been out of touch for a bit - we welcomed a new baby via IVF/PGD on Christmas Eve!!
eve
Re: Creatine - Looks like it works
February 10, 2014 08:53PM
Congrats!
February 11, 2014 07:06PM
Too bad the HD Buzz doesn't agree!

[en.hdbuzz.net]

tellie
February 11, 2014 07:53PM
My husband has taken creatine for many many years. He has been taking 5 grams at noon and 5 grams at night. He tried to take a larger dose
some years ago but could not tolerate it.
He has done leaps and bounds better than anyone in his immediately family who has gotten HD. I honestly attribute that to him taking the
creatine.
Like so many others meds and trials you will have to see what works for you.
I know the creatine is working for us.
February 11, 2014 08:12PM
I have been taking two teaspoons of creatine every morning for many years, too, and it does help. I'm going to continue to take it, even if it's not recommended on the Buzz. They are probably afraid of people taking too much and getting liver damage, or something.

tellie
February 11, 2014 08:27PM
I want to point out that there is a relatively new form of creatine available that requires a much smaller dose to get the same results and also has less side effects. It's called creatine hydrochloride. You can read more about it on these vendor sites:

[www.creatinehcl.com]

[www.promerasports.com]
February 12, 2014 09:08AM
I would point out that HD Buzz was recommending against taking megadoses. Also, their article was not about the big CREST study whose results are due this year, I believe.

We are all experiments of one and many of us have seen benefits from moderate doses. I respect HD Buzz's scientific viewpoint, but I'm not going to stop taking a safe supplement because one study didn't have perfect results.

Will
February 12, 2014 11:58AM
thanks Will!
February 12, 2014 03:08PM
good point
February 14, 2014 02:03PM
EricR, Do you, or does anyone here have any experience with creatine hydrochloride?

I am going to look into it.

Thanks,

Pete

The only place I could find with any reviews is Amazon.

[www.amazon.com]

Pete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2014 03:49PM by lauraandpete.
February 14, 2014 04:50PM
EricR,

Thanks for the tip on a new form of creatine. I had not heard of it. Maybe one of our folks with knowledge of biochemistry can tell us if it will cross the blood/brain barrier the way creatine monohydrate does. I'm going to try it anyway. If it eliminates the GI problems many of us experience, it will be worth its weight in gold.

I'll know immediately if that works! Clapping

Will
February 14, 2014 05:53PM
Hi Pete, I don't have any experience or additional info. Eric
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login