Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

does HD make people manipulative?

Posted by Chicago_t 
does HD make people manipulative?
February 10, 2014 07:15AM
Going through so many problems with my wife who could possibly have hd. She has started lying and manipulating my daughter by telling her stuff that is not true.Any insight is appreciated.
Re: does HD make people manipulative?
February 11, 2014 07:05PM
Yes, my ex-husband told our adult children terrible lies about me after I had left him. I left because he was abusive would rage and threaten me. I didn't feel safe, and I had no family to call on to help me.

He told my kids I had multiple long term affairs (which just wasn't true), that I had run-up credit cards which he couldn't pay (in fact it was him who ran up the cards), told one of my kids that I hated their spouse (which is totally opposite), had stolen money and banked it some place else, spent so much money that we in near bankruptcy (that was because of his use of credit cards), and the list just goes on and on and on. What shocked me is that he truly believes these lies.

I write it off to the disease but it was really hard to put my relationship with my children back together after all the damage he did. It took years to fix things with my kids because he worked really hard at being the good guy with them. So they believed him because how could I leave someone who was so nice and in ill health. As his HD progressed they started to see what I had been living with.

Things are better with my kids now but it took seven years. They are in their 30s so they were not kids at the time.
Re: does HD make people manipulative?
February 11, 2014 10:05PM
Thanks concerned partner,reading your post is almost like looking in the mirror.My daughter is 14 and I have to bite my lip sometimes after the stuff her mother says.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login