Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

My dad has passed away

Posted by Barb 
My dad has passed away
February 02, 2014 09:06PM
My dad has passed away from HD. He was almost 82 years old, and my mom and dad were married for 60 years, and through it all, my dad always was a gentleman, and did everything he could to make things easy for my mom, because he loved her so much, and my mom loved and cared for my dad until the end. My dad only went downhill 3 months ago, and went into care, and when he did go downhill, he went down very fast. But even in his confused state, his concern was always for my mom. My mom and dad did hd really good, and I'm very very proud of both of them. My concern isn't for me, but for my three sisters and my mom. I lovc you dad, and you lived a good life, and were a gentleman right 'til the end. This picture is of my mom and dad just a few weeks ago at christmas

[fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2014 09:10PM by Barb.
Re: My dad has passed away
February 02, 2014 09:11PM
Barb,
I am so sorry for your loss. Your dad and mom are a beautiful couple I see in their picture. We could all learn a lot from them. You are so blessed to have such wonderful parents and they obviously raised their children well as can be seen in you. Take care and my thoughts and
prayers are with you at this difficult time.
Sharon
February 02, 2014 09:20PM
Sorry Barb,
Your family is an example that HD does not have to destroy life. What a shining example of how to take the adversity of HD and run with it to make it the best it can be. I know you can follow his example and make sure your mom and sisters will be OK. Stay strong,
Howard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2014 07:17AM by howard.
February 02, 2014 09:23PM
Awe, thank you Sharon and Howard
JFB
February 02, 2014 09:57PM
So sorry to hear of your Fathers passing. Prayers for your mother and you

Joe
February 03, 2014 04:46AM
Barb, Sorry for your loss. Our thoughts & prayers go out to you and your family.

Laura & Pete
February 04, 2014 06:51AM
Am so sorry your Dad has passed.

That is a beautiful photo of your parents.

Will keep you in my thought and prayers.

Anita
February 04, 2014 02:38PM
this story is such an inspiration to me....I am so happy that your dad loved your mom right up till the end...so many times as in my case, HD completly tares a couple apart....I am so happy for the memories you have of them.
Liz
February 04, 2014 06:35PM
This story and picture are an inspiration to me to live on with grace as your Mom and Dad have done.
eve
February 05, 2014 06:36AM
Beautiful couple and story. Glad you have great memmories and shared the story with us. Very sorry for your loss.
February 10, 2014 10:49AM
Barb, I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad. Great looking couple and smiling even with the situation. Thanks for sharing. I will keep you in thoughts and prayers.

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login