Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Another HD angel

Posted by Marsha 
Another HD angel
December 11, 2013 08:58PM
Steve's first wife, Debra Jean, passed away peacefully in her sleep Sunday night. She did not suffer at the end of her life, but simply got more and more tired. Debbie's parents looked after her in recent years, sharing the care with a nursing home known for its ability to care for HD patients. She enjoyed visits and outings with family and friends. My wonderful stepdaughter, Nichole, visited her whenever she could and kept in touch with phone calls as well. Debbie was a mother and a homemaker who was active in her church and loved to help people. "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
Re: Another HD angel
December 11, 2013 10:08PM
Steve and Marsha, I am so very sorry to hear this, but glad that she went so peacefully. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, love from Barb
VRE
December 12, 2013 07:44AM
So sorry for this loss, but thankful she is finally at peace. Prayers for you all.

Vicky
December 12, 2013 04:42PM
Steve,

You did everything you could for her. May you be at peace also.

Will
December 13, 2013 09:29AM
So very sorry Steve. Although life goes on and things change we still hold to our past. Unfortunately HD doesn't allow us to move on completely. My prayers are with you and your family.
Howard
eve
December 13, 2013 10:51AM
Sorry for your loss.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2013 10:52AM by eve.
December 13, 2013 10:54PM
Sorry for your loss Steve.
December 15, 2013 11:08AM
So sorry for the loss. I just saw the post and will be thinking of you all and may peace find you in this time of need.
Mike
December 16, 2013 04:38AM
Sorry for your loss.

Laura and Pete
December 17, 2013 04:14PM
Thank you everyone for your thoughts.

There is no question in my mind that Debbie is in a much happier place now ... no longer constrained by the limitations forced on her by Huntington's disease. It is only our loss that Debbie has moved on and we are blessed to suffer that loss for her.

Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login