Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

another "take action"

Posted by JFB 
JFB
another "take action"
December 06, 2013 06:50PM
I just recieved the email below requesting contacting our reperesnitives. the link takes you to a page that determines your reperesenitive and sends a form email.

I hope this is legit as I have been distrubting since I recieved it

Urgent Action Needed
Parity Act sign on letter: Friday, December 13 Deadline!

Great news! Congressman Bill Pascrell and Congressman Adam Kinzinger, our Huntington’s Disease Parity Act champions, wrote a letter to the Speaker of the House asking him to pass the Parity Act, but they need your help!
Your Representative cosponsored the Huntington’s Disease Parity Act this year. Ask them to take the next step by signing the letter to the Speaker.
We need your help to ask your Representative to sign this letter! Please click on the "Take Action" link to send a letter to your Representative. The time for this is very limited, as the representatives MUST sign before Wednesday, December 11.
Remember, your Representative needs to hear from you to sign the letter.
Many thanks for all of your advocacy,
Jane Kogan
Re: another "take action"
December 07, 2013 08:08AM
Here is the full bill language from the Library of Congress [capwiz.com]:

JFB’s link takes you right to the letter.

Here is the HDLF update from April 2013 when there was only 24 cosponsors. There are now 100 [www.hdlf.org]

It’s pretty simple. Type in your zip code and the letter appears. You can customize it or leave it in the boiler plate text. After you send the letter, HDSA gives you the opportunity to add all of your friends and families e-mail address’ so they can be alerted as well.
Re: another "take action"
December 07, 2013 08:27AM
I also used this link. My US Rep was already a co-sponsor, but one of my Senators wasn't. You can print out a letter for mailing or send an e-mail to them. I chose an e-mail.

Will
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login