Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Thank you to our Veteran's and families

Posted by mikee 
Thank you to our Veteran's and families
November 10, 2013 07:04PM
I would like to extend to our Veteran's in our community past and present a special thanks for their sacrifices for each of us. It just occurred to me that although they may have survived battle, they may still face a battle with Huntington Disease. Some have already passed and we owe them a lot.

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2013 07:06PM by mikee.
Re: Thank you to our Veteran's and families
November 10, 2013 10:13PM
Indeed, a special thanks to my husband who served 8 active and 22 reserve for the US Navy. Now battling HD. So glad he was able to have the experiences he had and wonderful memories. So proud of him then and now!
November 11, 2013 08:53AM
Thanks! The late Jerry Lampson, who founded the Lighthouse, was a Marine. He fought HD for his wife before losing his own battle with cancer. He was a true HD Hero.

Will
November 11, 2013 09:36AM
My husband served 20 years in US Air Force, and was in the Middle East during the 1st Gulf War in 1991. It breaks my heart to watch the symptoms of HD take over his life. I miss the strong husband and father who gave us so much of himself for many years.
November 11, 2013 05:58PM
My oldest son is Army and they are expecting their first child. He faces the unknown with HD as does his younger brother. I believe when a loved one is in the military the family is in the military in many respects. Thanks to all of them and a special thanks to Will for serving and being so much help here on the forum to so many of us.

Mike
November 11, 2013 08:19PM
November 12, 2013 01:29AM
Yes, thank you
dcb
November 12, 2013 09:50PM
Love it!! smiling smiley Miss Chatting!!

DCB
*Living for today*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login