Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

more bad news

Posted by Chicago_t 
more bad news
November 06, 2013 06:58AM
To those that have read my previous posts and know my situation,I just found out today that my wife was prescribed klonopin. I looked it up and saw that it is commonly used for HD,is this true? I wish there weren't so many secrets with her and her family.If something is going on I feel they should talk about it.
Re: more bad news
November 06, 2013 08:32AM
Yes, klonopin is commonly prescribed for HD. My husband has been on it for sometime now.
JFB
November 06, 2013 08:33AM
benzodiazepines can be prescribe for panic and anxiety disorders also. same type of drug as the well known valium

an SSRI might be more benificail along with the benzo
November 06, 2013 09:30AM
Thanks for your replies,now that I know it also is for anxiety I wonder if that stems from HD along with all the other things I noticed. In my honest opinion it's too many coincidences for these symptoms to be caused by something else. I just wish her family would open their eyes.
November 07, 2013 08:56AM
Anxiety and depression are two of the biggest symptoms that can appear, due to where the disease attacks the brain. Meds are extremely helpful. Sorry you don't feel supported by her family in your discovering more and more issues that could most certainly be caused by this destructive disease. Certainly if she has the disease, there will be no denying it at some point. Hang in there-glad you are coming on line for support.
V
November 07, 2013 09:09AM
Thank you for your reply Vicky. Everyones stories I read here and other places is like looking into a mirror.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login