Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Grand Pappy Mikee,,,,,or something like that....

Posted by mikee 
Grand Pappy Mikee,,,,,or something like that....
October 26, 2013 08:04PM
Just want to share. Beth and I just found out we are going to be Grandparents. Beth is the step-mom and a great one.

I am excited. Yes, I know HD is an issue but I also know they are well educated in HD. I am the first and thank God we do not have the visual and psychological history many of you do.

Their decision to start a family came with knowledge and I will respect that. They discussed things and termination is not an option (their choice, their decision). My son has decided not to test at this point and I agree. Testing will only make him wonder and worry about every little twitch and there is nothing he can do.

I look at Will and his path and cannot help but think his devotion to physical fitness has been his best advocate in his journey. We all present so differently.

I haven't posted in a while but as I read there are so many varied symptoms it is mind boggling.

This is a happy time.
Re: Grand Pappy Mikee,,,,,or something like that....
October 26, 2013 10:36PM
Congratulations Grandpappy...may God bless your growing family. smiling smiley

Carla
October 27, 2013 06:13PM
Thank you so much Carla. I feel close to this group and consider everyone a friend and I just wanted to share a positive moment.

Mike
November 05, 2013 11:27AM
Congratulations, Mikee!! We just learned that our daughter is expecting too, in May, 2014. I tested positive at age fifty, with a CAG count of 42. I'm now fifty-nine, and looking forward to being a grandma! My daughter wasn't interested in testing, or in any of the latest technology, but the late onset in our family, with lower CAG counts, will give them plenty of time to get around to a cure! It's going to be a fun summer!!

tellie
November 05, 2013 03:45PM
Great news! You have a great perspective on life with HD. Everything and everyone is going to be just fine!

Will
November 06, 2013 08:35AM
Congratulations - you love your children with all you have but there is nothing that will compare to a grandchild. It is the most awesome blessing there is.
You and your future grandchild are truly blessed!
Shar
November 07, 2013 02:48PM
Thank you all. It is a great feeling and I respect their decisions. Congrats to you Tellie1. All of you are inspirations as well. April 2014 isn't as far as it seems.

Mike
November 09, 2013 12:34AM
congratulalions!!smileys with beer
rj
November 09, 2013 12:49PM
Congratulations!!! Babies are a true blessing! smiling smiley
rj
November 09, 2013 12:49PM
Congratulations!!! Babies are a true blessing! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login