Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Hello! Tested Positive

Posted by Kelly8802 
Hello! Tested Positive
October 14, 2013 12:55PM
My name is Kelly, Live in Georgia.I hate to say that until a month ago I never thought of HD ,but my mom was diagnosed a month ago. Well I took a test and found out I was positive. She was adopted from Germany in 1952. So no blood relatives . I have a 8 yr old son who is at risk. Found out I was Pos on 10/8. Here I am Cag 43. HD has consumed me. Just thought I would introduce myself.
Re: Hello! Tested Positive
October 14, 2013 07:52PM
Hi Kelly, sorry to hear of your pos result. I am Karla I live in New Zealand my husband is 46 and postive HD cag 42 his parents live with us and his mother is pos cag 44 I have 2 children at risk. There are many lovely people on here that can help you cope. Although it is not me who has HD I am also consumed with it as its all round me. Please feel to contact anytime.
October 14, 2013 08:53PM
Welcome Kelly, there are lot's of folks on here who have lived with HD and have wisdom and compassion. I have two sons both HD+ and I just recently brought my son home out of nursing home care.

Carla
November 01, 2013 11:10PM
Hi Carla,

When how is your son doing?

You stated that you took him out of the Nursing Home? Will he be staying with you?

Reason I ask, I have a husband with HD and I want him at home, hopefully with Home Care.

Can you suggest anything that can help me? My funds are limited, however.
November 02, 2013 12:41AM
Kelly, how old are you? And are you having symptoms?
November 02, 2013 10:38AM
Welcome Kelly. Lot's of great folks here and very compassionate as well as understanding. I suggest you ask questions and learn what you can. One thing to remember is that just because someone has a symptom it doesn't mean another will present exactly the same. Thoughts and prayers for you, your son and your Mom.

Just for some encouragement look at Will here on the forum. He has a similar cag and is not symptomatic. I won't guess his age........

Mike
eve
November 03, 2013 07:36PM
Thorflower, you might want to private message Carla or start a new thread in case your question gets lost in the shuffle and she doesn't see it. I'm sure she'd like to answer you and share with you. She's a very wonderful mother with a lot of good advice.
November 04, 2013 11:14PM
I suggest you ask questions and learn what you can buy Fifa Coins. One thing to remember is that just because someone has a symptom it doesn't mean another will present exactly the same at [www.fifacoins2buy.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login