Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Suggestion please

Posted by wallettce 
Suggestion please
October 14, 2013 12:30AM
Hi everyone I was wondering If there is anything I can do my husband do not talk to noone unless he wants something,lately he just wait for me to bring him lunch then at the end of the day when I get home he wants to go to starbucks to get his cold coffe and thats it he spend his day sitting down watching cartoons he gets up every other day to do his push up but do not want to go out for walks, the only way he will go out is to go eat, he use to play board games not anymore if I asking anything he gets mad he is taking the same medication for the last six months, he does shower every morning and eat his regular meals I found him steering at the seiling and if I asking why he is doing he says just becausa that is please anything you could suggest me I will appreciate. thanks
Re: Suggestion please
October 16, 2013 07:20PM
There is a symptom of HD that makes it difficult for a person to initiate activities. However, often if you just start it for them, they will participate. Does your hubby have certain chores he does? might be a good thing to set a schedule on a chalkboard. Like, right after he showers (since he does that everyday) he could take out the trash, or take the dog (if you have one) out for a walk because "the dog needs to walk everyday"
How about meals on wheels delivered while you are at work? To give some structure and a smiling face everyday for lunch?
Just some thoughts.

Carla
Re: Suggestion please
October 18, 2013 09:41AM
Thanks Carla I was thinking about that since the weather is getting better in our area to do our walks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login