Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Revenge the TV show Character has HD

Posted by Jimmgjersey 
Revenge the TV show Character has HD
October 07, 2013 10:32AM
Revenge is a show on ABC. I rarely watch this TV show, but I watched it last night after missing a season or so. One of the main characters, Conrad Grayson, is diagnosed as having Huntington disease after he passes out making a speech. I read that part in a TV blog. My jaw dropped as this is the first time I ever seen it described on a TV show. The show is like a Soap Opera so I am concerend that they will take creative license on how the disease progresses. Right now the charter is OK but his soon to be ex makes a mean comment concerning him being a genetic mess or something to that effect. On one hand I like the awareness that it can bring but I am afraid as it is not a well know disease they will lead people to think it is something it is not. Like I said I did not see all the episodes so I don't know how it is being portrayed.

Did anyone catch that show?
Re: Revenge the TV show Character has HD
October 07, 2013 04:56PM
The character "13" on House had Huntington's Disease. It was an ongoing storyline for a couple of seasons.
Also Walt on Breaking Bad once mentioned that his father had HD. I've never seen Revenge.
October 07, 2013 09:04PM
A women with HD was also on a show called Private Practice. She was diagnosed with HD and attempted an assisted suicide which failed and then later did take her own life before she was symptomatic. It was nice that they talked about it, and although I know some people do take there own life's even at an early stage, they really made it out to be a complete death sentence. It was very unfortunate. My BF who didn't like the show to begin with refused to watch it with me after that.
October 08, 2013 10:29AM
There was an episode of Scrubs (comedy) where one of the Drs. had to explain it to a patients family and was encouraging the sone to get tested...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login