Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Home Health Office Personel

Posted by JFB 
JFB
Home Health Office Personel
October 01, 2013 12:52PM
While no where as bad as Howard's nor Bothfeets experance, I have just been blindsided by our service. Just less than a year ago, I was in dire need of some help (the wife had fallen and the head trama made her symptoms much worse). I was afraid that the wife would be even more upset with someone in the house, but she and the CNA got a long good. After the months the wife and the CNA have become close.

The CNA told me she had to assist her father move into a NH and that she wanted to take a week off. this was no problem for me. Well friday the office called and told me some one else would come next week. I told them I didn't want any body and then they told me the CNA had been fired! I informed the office I did not want any one else and to close out my account.

The wife has not take this well at all over the weekend. Today was the sceduled day for the CNA and the wife has been in a rage since she woke up. I called the office just to let them know how this has effected the wife. Thier replay .... "since you did not give two weeks notice, I furfoit the deposit"

Should I tell them the wife's response to what she said she will do to some else if they show up? I would be afraid they could take it as a threat and call Law enforcement. But I do need to emphisis for no one from their staff to show up at the house
Re: Home Health Office Personel
October 01, 2013 04:54PM
If you could afford it, could you hire the CNA as a self-employed person for one day a week? If she's now unemployed I'm sure she'd jump at the offer.

Will
JFB
October 01, 2013 11:21PM
I was paying the company out of savings (since I have quit work to care for wife) so it should be cheaper per hour, BUT...

the office called me today to inform me IF the CNA has ANY contact with us in the next year they will sue!
the contract I signed appears to say that if I pursade her to take work directly or through a different company they would sue for a minimun of $5000. there are several wherfore and wherethoughs I can't see the reason for in the exact contract, but I can't see it including if they fire her. She was told the same for all of her clients.

as far as how serious is their threat? the owners is from one of the Old Wealthy families of this rual area a few miles to your south, with several lawyers and bankers. I even think my buisness lawyer is part of thier clan.

right now my concern is to prevent the wife from hurting herself and to get her back calm. She had been fairly happy for the last few months and I think the CNA had some thing to do with it
October 02, 2013 10:59AM
I hear you! Do not let them intimidate you as there's nothing they can really do. I know how it is once the HD patient gets used to a certain aide. It takes so long to develop the relationship. In my case, I had to finally walk away from the Eddy VNA because their abuse got so intolerable. Unfortunately, my daughter's aide was tied to them. I have not given up trying to get her back. The problem is that other VNA's are restricted from hiring her, such as in your case. I am working on voiding that policy by exposing the Eddy VNA 's behavior to the community. What it really comes down to is that there are big bucks involved in health care which brings the worst people into the business!
JFB
October 02, 2013 05:32PM
It has been a year or so since the wife has been this anger. it has really cause her movements to increase and unbearable to help today.

Is there any way it could be negligance on thier part for abrutply trying to change CNA. This franchise advertises that their personel are specially trained to deal with dimentia and other physcoligical disorders (GEMS). Besides the pain and suffering for the wife, my life is going to be a whole lot worse for a long time
October 02, 2013 08:44PM
These agencies expect to lock you in for payment.
It might be advisable to hire an out of area attorney and have him write a letter to the agency requesting that your contract be null and void due to their stating they know about dementia and took on your case because they felt that they could handle it. Obviously they don't understand the complexities of this specific disease.
The attorney won't at first understand HD so then you might have to educate him and he might not be interested in pursuing all this. But there is always ways around contracts if you get the right lawyer.
The battles we fight are just ridiculous.
Another way might be to take your wife into see the manager of the agency and have the manager attempt to talk to her, she might give it up when she realize it is useless to try to change the situation, or then even have a local television station take up the special interest story. Maybe bring the reporter to the agency. Sometimes we just have to take drastic measures.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login