Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Question

Posted by wallettce 
Question
August 28, 2013 11:09PM
Has anybody have a problem with his HD husband brushing his teeth, he shower everyday after working out but he would just rise his teeth with water not use his toothbrush or toothpaste he get so mad when I asking to brush his teeth, I dont know what to do he use to brush his teeth at least three times a day before always very clean on his person he still is the only problem is that he get upset I try to explain but you know that I should not try to explain it because it doesn't matter to him. I just don't what to do I did ask the doctor last time we went and he just did not see a big problem I just worry the problems that are coming because this issue.
JFB
Re: Question
August 29, 2013 05:26AM
I had sort of the opposite problem with the Wife, she got upset that she can not brush and floss like she use to.
she switch to a cheap spinning bristle brush for a while and I used those floss with a holder things while she laid in bed (for several years).

recently, We had to switch dentist, but I was able to find one that will just "brush" her teeth every couple weeks using a block to keep her mouth open and an assistant with spray and suction
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login