Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Abiify for movements

Posted by marky S 
Abiify for movements
August 28, 2013 10:13AM
Hi In the early stages of HD and am getting movements enough with my legs to the point where they are sometime sore. I showed my Neurologist a
link to a HD drug list that showed Abilityfy works somewhat better than the Tetra(not sure of the rest) drug commoly used for Chorea. Anyone else
taking Abilify for movements?
JFB
Re: Abiify for movements
August 28, 2013 03:33PM
I am thinking the wife needs to add a 2nd genration antiphysocotic for movements,
I have been googling only $800/month for Abilify versus $30/month for Risperidone or genric Seroquel.
But all are cheap compared to TBZ

Now to find a Dr the wife will go to
August 28, 2013 04:31PM
E-Gads - Had no idea Abilify was that much. I have a $75.00 co-pay/month which is alot for me but sounds that that is a small fraction.
Been on 4mg for a week now and I seem to have a little improvment with my leg movements. I'll update my progress as time goes by.
Good luck with finding a good neurologist that your wife likes. It is very important to have a good relationship with your Dr.
JFB
August 29, 2013 05:36AM
I wish you good luck with the Abilify. From what I have been reading recently, I would think it will have good results for you.
I really hope so since I want a simliar drug to help the Wife, so please update

Are you also taking a SSRI
August 30, 2013 04:46PM
Also taking Lexapro - 20mg for depression. Had issues after getting the postive test results. Seems to help.
I'll give a update in a week or so as to any improvments I have with the Abilify.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login