Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Just one of those days

Posted by kmph 
Just one of those days
August 03, 2013 03:54PM
My husband has had HD for almost 20 years. He has been in a care facility for 3 1/2 years. He is soft-spoken and has a good sense of humor. Oh yes, he was angry in the beginning of our journey. He has done pretty well so far --- with proper medication. Something new is happening though, and it's just not easy to deal with...he periodically just yells at me. It is so unlike him, and I know (in my head) what is going on, but it's difficult to cope with. We've been married 42 years, and he's hardly ever raised his voice. I know this is just another phase of this horrible disease--- I understand it. I know he's not responsible. But I still leave him crying every time it happens.
Thanks for all the listening ears.
eve
Re: Just one of those days
August 04, 2013 03:10PM
This would be upsetting. Glad to see you can be rational about it and understand it's the disease, not your husband.
August 04, 2013 06:06PM
It's so hard because just when you think you have it figured, something new comes up. I always feel like nothing could surprise me but I have been blind sided by HD on more than one occasion.

Take care,

Carla
August 07, 2013 10:01PM
Sounds like it could be tears of love and sorrow. Thank you for being there for your husband and I hope you are able to cope through this journey.

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login