Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Perivascular Spaces

Posted by nalo 
Perivascular Spaces
July 03, 2013 10:42AM
Posted something similar a few weeks ago, but got no reply- see page 2 of Forum.
My wife, as yet undiagnosed, had an MRI 7 months ago. She was diagnosed with Perivascular Spaces in the Basal Ganglia. Despite all the other symptoms that I had

passed on the neurologist, he maintained that it was a normal MRI. By the way, he never actually saw the images himself. He was going on what the radiologist said. I asked to see the report at the GP surgery. The GP had also told of everything was normal. To this day, the neurologist still hasn't seen the images. My wife is becoming very irrational and acting very strange. She is making very strange, impulsive decisions. Her peculiar movements are getting worse.

Any advice from a very distressed husband and father?
Re: Perivascular Spaces
July 03, 2013 01:34PM
I have also been told I have Perivascular Spaces but a normal MRI. I was told that many people have them and it isn't anything to be concerned about. They were originally read as "white spots" and the neurologist said they were Perivascular Spaces. The spots were not in the pattern for MS so they have been ignored.
July 03, 2013 05:21PM
Thanks. You are still waiting on blood results, isn't that right? My wife is very bad at the moment and has served me with separation papers. I don't know what to do. She won't engage with doctors or anybody else.
Thanks!
July 04, 2013 09:39AM
Yes still waiting on blood results. After reading the forum I am really wishing I had found this before getting the blood test. Long term care insurance, etc. No genetic counseling, etc., was made available.
July 04, 2013 09:51AM
That might be a positive thing- the lack of genetic counselling, I mean. Maybe the doctors are quite convinced that there is no need in your case. Maybe you don't have the symptoms that are classic in the case of Huntington's Disease. I sure wish you all the very best with the results and I will be thinking of you. When do you expect to have them? Remember you have people here in this forum you can talk to for support. :-)
July 04, 2013 10:05PM
If you don't have the results yet, can't you ask the doctor to refuse the reults so they are not in your record? Maybe enough time to get things in order and then test. Tell the doc why you want them to cancel the test. They should be able to contact the lab and have the test cancelled? You may still have a chance to get things in order.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login