Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Heat and Summer

Posted by mikee 
Heat and Summer
June 13, 2013 10:10AM
I just read Kelly B's new article and many things stuck with me. One in particular is the effect of heat on pHD's. This has cropped up from time to time but it's a new summer I guess.

Do other's get zapped by the heat. I certainly do. It happened yesterday, I felt like I was on the edge of no return.

Mike
Re: Heat and Summer
June 13, 2013 10:05PM
I don't know about the heat but, a reminder to those on meds that might be affected by sun exposure to remember to wear sunblock and try to stay out of the sun. I forgot this first off with my Phd husband this summer and i know some of the meds he is on have a sun exposure warning.
June 14, 2013 07:42PM
Good point. I too have some of those and I can tell a difference.
Mike
jaq
June 15, 2013 04:30PM
My brother really suffers he overheats and get over tired not been as bad the last couple of years as weather been awful in the UK but not real come up with any solution yet .
June 17, 2013 08:12AM
Tell him I can relate. Doesn't take much to get exhausted. Some days are better than others.

Mike
June 17, 2013 09:05AM
I have no idea what the explanation is for this but my first husband told me he always felt hot when there were overhead lights on. We used table lamps instead in the family room and it helped. He knew it didn't make any sense but that is how he felt.
June 25, 2013 01:36PM
Yes, both of my sons cannot be exposed to heat, they just get sick from it. This was one of the factors in my older son being unable to continue working in a factory environment during the summer. Also, as some others have said, medications caution about sun exposure and dehydration.

Take care,

Carla
July 02, 2013 03:47PM
The heat makes my symptoms worse and also incredibly tired. (Yes, plus the added affects of the medication on sunburns)
July 02, 2013 04:58PM
I know my friend with MS cannot be out in the sun for any lenght of time at all. She ends up vomitting and exhausted. Rose
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login