Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Grad student hoping to get info about HD

Posted by SLPgradstudentBeth 
Grad student hoping to get info about HD
April 09, 2013 03:13PM
Good Afternoon,

My name is Beth, and I'm currently pursuing a masters degree in speech-language pathology. I am taking a course on motor speech disorders, which focuses on diseases such as Parkinson's, Huntington's, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, and Cerebral Palsy. Since I have little experience with these diseases, I would love to interview people who manage these diseases every day of their lives. I am not trying to infiltrate anyone's personal space, but I do hope to learn as much about these conditions as possible, so I can provide the best speech and language treatment possible for any future clients. If you are willing to complete an interview through email or this website, please let me know by responding to this post. Thank you all so much, and I'm sorry if I posted in the incorrect place.

If you'd like to contact me outside of this forum, I'll be happy to give you my email address.

Thank you for your help!
Beth
Re: Grad student hoping to get info about HD
April 09, 2013 03:59PM
Beth,

Contact me and I will pass on your name and contact to the LSP who worked with Linda looking at assistive communication devices. see my post to this forum on the work she did.

Fred Lothrop
normzach@verizon.net
April 09, 2013 11:20PM
Beth, you may contact me with a PM. My nephews daughter is in a graduate program for the same.
Mike
April 10, 2013 10:15AM
Welcome Beth.

We have had SLP students attend our HDSA friends and family support group in Pittsburgh before. You can check with your local affiliate at HDSA.org to see if there is a group available near you. I think that seeing and listening in person is very valuable, over getting that experience online.

Let me know how it goes. Also, my husband is always interested in talking to people about HD. I'm sure if you do not get any local contacts, he would be happy to speak with you.

PM me if needed.
PattyC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login