Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Laura's update

Posted by lauraandpete 
Laura's update
March 22, 2013 07:23PM
Hi everybody. I just wanted to give everyone an update.

It’s been 4 or 5 months since I had the hysterectomy. It was a robotic assist procedure because of the size of my uterus. I was really worried about the anesthesia but when I woke up after the surgery my first thought was that my brain was fine and it wasn’t hurt by the anesthesia. Recovery was a little bit hard at the hospital and at home but it was basically normal. Now everything that was bothering me is gone.

I had my neurologist appointment a month ago and everything seemed to go well with that also. I think at the end of it all the doctors and nurses were happy with how well I was doing.

Last summer I tried to do a little light jogging like Will but almost killed myself. Now I am back to walking several times a week.

Laura
Re: Laura's update
March 23, 2013 09:02AM
Laura,

That's great news! Our weather should start to improve and it will be more comfortable to walk outside. Keep on truckin'!

Will
March 23, 2013 10:57AM
I am so glad to read that you are feeling better and that the anesthesia did not bother you! Some people have reported a slower recovery from it so it is good to know that everyone doesn't have that experience.
March 24, 2013 06:18PM
Sounds like you're on the mend....

Mike
March 26, 2013 11:52AM
Glad to hear your update Laura. Yay! No more monthly visits!! smiling smiley

Carla
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login