Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

HDSA Physician's Guide

Posted by mikee 
HDSA Physician's Guide
February 02, 2013 05:51PM
I would like to share. Today I received my packet from HDSA Physician's Guide (free for asking). I skimmed through some of the info and it was so precise in most categories. It actually made me feel a little better reading the information. I think it was good for my wife to read also and I gave a copy to close friends so they can better understand. It is actually very easy reading and educational. It takes some of the question's out of my mind concerning symptoms.

Mike
eve
Re: HDSA Physician's Guide
February 02, 2013 08:13PM
I'd never knew about this publication, Mike. Thanks for sharing.
February 03, 2013 08:45AM
thank you for sharing!
February 03, 2013 10:39AM
Link, please?
February 03, 2013 05:05PM
Here you go.......read the information below the bookcover......send an email.....

www.hdsa.org/new-physicians-guide.html

Mike
February 03, 2013 05:49PM
You can also download a pdf version to your pc.

Pete
February 04, 2013 02:43PM
HDSA got it right with this after notable misfires with outdated and erronous information.

They will send free copies to health providers - if you give them contact information, something I normal don't do - but then the provider is on a mailing list for HD information from HDSA and Lunbeck which they would not get otherwise, so it is a win win situation for pHDs.

I ordered several copies - now the local hospital has a copy in their library, present and past RN managers of Linda's local adult day care center have copies as does her dentist.

Fred Lothrop
February 08, 2013 10:57AM
Greeneyes, I saw where you posted information about a Neurologist in Huntsville. I would like to find out more about this Dr. if you don't mind sending a PM.
Thanks,
Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login