Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Not sure what to do

Posted by wallettce 
Not sure what to do
January 30, 2013 09:12PM
my husband and I went to visit my son that is station in Seattle Washington, everything was ok not great I was just nevious about his reaction we have not ben out of town since he got sick two years ago, we were walking in downtown and he was so anxious looking everybody and acting like someone was going to attack us, everywhere we went he seems very uncomtroble and more distance from all of us if we ask him something he seems not been around, when we were coming back he start argue with the security officer at the airport and I was so scared that they would not let us on the plane , since we got home he has been more gone than normal, I was thinking maybe this trip was too much for him and he has not adjust now that we are back home he still takes his medicine we go for walks but he is not talking if I turn the tv on for him he turn in off, he goes where ever I go but he use to at least answered any question but now he just stared does anybody things maybe a different medication which I think our doctor wont give him nothing unless he gets agresive, he does get actitud but does is normal for him. can someone had any experience about what I am trying to explain I just so tired and I dont think I not even half way of this HD, It does help me when I write things here this is my only support that I have and it make me feel better every time I let it out I am glad I found this Support Center I am the support of my kids when they feel bad when they deal with my husband I always am positive with them but when it comes to me OMG it is so hard reading the stories here make me feel I am not alone even tho I feel so alone sometimes I know I can do this, keeping my head up and do what ever I can to make my husband to be comfortable, I want to thank everyone that read this and thank you for any suggestion.
Re: Not sure what to do
January 30, 2013 11:28PM
Anything outside the daily routine is hard for people with HD as the disease progresses.

What medications is he currently taking?
Re: Not sure what to do
February 01, 2013 11:18PM
clonazepam .5 mg, xenazine l2.5, Zonisamide 100mg, Risperidone 4mg, abilify 20 mg.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login